PDA

View Full Version : Dalmatian spots and white stripe question.

L.A.C. Herps
06-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Hey everyone, I received a pair of Sarasinorum from Allen a couple of weeks ago, and was surprised at how many dalmatian spots the female had.
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u218/LACHERPS/Rhacodactylus/Sarasinorum/femalesarasmadj.png

Also, I know most people don't have experience with white stripe sarasinorum, but I thought I'd throw this out there anyways.
At the New Caledonian Gecko Symposium Willi Henkel said he thought the white stripe trait was recessive. Allen said he thinks the pair I've got are offspring from a white stripe male, to a non white stripe female.... so hopefully they're 100% hets for the white stripe trait. Is there anyone around here who has worked with the trait for more than a year or so, that can verify this information?
Thanks!

DDReptiles
06-01-2007, 12:47 PM
That is pretty cool Andrew, none of mine have that kind of spotting, just the normal peppering. It would be really cool to breed it and see if it breeds out like in cresteds.

Can't help you with the white stripe thing, I am still waitng for Allen to produce some, I am 2nd on the waiting list :roll: