PDA

View Full Version : Androyensis color variations.

fenrisswolf
07-13-2007, 02:33 PM
This is mostly for my own enlightenment, as I've not had the pleasure of seeing any live androyensis yet.

I've noticed some color variations on the pictures shown here and elsewhere for P. androyensis, and while some of it obviously reflects age differences, with juveniles being more brightly colored than adults, I'm wondering how much of the color differences between the adults shown are due to individual vs. time of day or activity levels.

That is, are the differences shown between some of the darker and lighter looking adults mostly due to their being different animals, or are these geckos that look somewhat different at different times of the day? (When they sleep vs. when they are awake and foraging, for example.)

It'd be interesting if on top of being geckos with personality, there was at least the potential for some color morphs, as with pictus.

Grep
07-25-2007, 05:29 PM
Hello,

I do not know why some others that have more expirience then I have, do not reply to these post!?!?!?

But I have some animals and I have some realy light coloured animals and some realy dark ones. There will be in future some different colour forms like with picta.

Regards

Gasper

David Jewell
08-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Well from the few that I have kept I have also seen this color difference. I noticed that the males are usually a bit darker in coloration than the females.

fenrisswolf
08-11-2007, 01:08 PM
So there seems to be a little bit of sexual dimorphism? Neat!

But these guys are still on my to get list ...

:idea: I guess some of the "extra" cash from my upcoming raise will go towards getting myself a pair or trio. (Funny how that "extra money" becomes "regular budget money" in almost no time flat. :) )