PDA

View Full Version : New Paroedura picta color phase???

captivebred
09-06-2007, 09:59 PM
I've been working with "pictus" geckos for many years, and have seen and kept almost all of the known color phases. I have not, however, seen anything like THIS before. What do you folks think it is? I hope it feeds, grows, and is a male. :lol:

Andy

http://www.captivebredgeckos.com/images/pictus/StrangePicta.jpg
http://www.captivebredgeckos.com/images/pictus/StrangePicta2.jpg[/url]

PaulSage
09-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Wow, very cool Andy. I hope it grows well and is a male too.

blankminded
09-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Wow that is an awsome looking pictus. Very cool...best of luck

keep us updated on how it does.

brandon f.
09-08-2007, 10:49 PM
wow....i haven't ever seen one that light either. looks like a new snow line has just been born. goodluck.

PassPort
09-10-2007, 12:35 AM
wicked awesome!
when you go public with the offspring I want dibs on a male!

Phyllurus
09-10-2007, 06:16 AM
Could it be a snow? I know this phase is already around but only a handful of breeders have them. Well done either way.

captivebred
09-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Bad news for everyone. The animal refused to eat. He lived a very comfortable lifestyle for 3 weeks and then unfortunately passed away. I hatched over 50 pictus from that colony this year and that was the only one that hatched out with that white coloration. It was definitely NOT one of the snows that hatches brown and turns white, it hatched out all white, but that could have something to do with the fact that it didn't want to eat. Hopefully myself or someone else out there will be able to hatch another one like it. In the meantime, I will cross my fingers for next year. :)

Thanks for the well wishes,

Andy

brandon f.
09-16-2007, 09:27 PM
andy,

once again. hate that it died. hopefully you will get another one from that group.

blankminded
09-16-2007, 10:12 PM
Sorry to hear it past. That was one strang looking pictus. Maybe you can produce another next season.