PDA

View Full Version : You've done an amazing job.

miss libby
09-26-2007, 03:45 AM
I am very impressed with the new look of geckosunlimited forums. The logo is cute as ever. Whoever is responsible I want to tell you what a fantastic job you've done here. Everything is perfect and it seems more people are visiting. Thanks for the upgrade, your an awesome webmaster.:banana::cheer::yahoo:

Marty
09-26-2007, 08:22 AM
Thanks Miss Libby :blushing: Much appreciate the compliments !

Sgvreptiles
09-26-2007, 10:27 AM
Im not too impressed with it really. Its seems like its alot more complecated now. The simplisticness of the other layout was much better. This ones just got to much going on for me to like.And this layout is like everyother forum.I just miss the old one.
Im sure im not the only person who feels this way.

Marty
09-26-2007, 11:22 AM
I'll see if I can make a 2nd layout with just bare bones and no bells and whistles for all the minimalists in the community. This way you'll have a choice to go 'pimped up' or bare bones.

Ken Bartenfeld
09-26-2007, 06:38 PM
It's an improvement. I think just some of us are used to the old layout. It's not like you won't get used to it soon, give it time. Seems your working hard, Marty. Good job.

brandon f.
09-26-2007, 08:39 PM
don't get me wrong.....i like the new look, but i'm not gonna lie, even though i like it, i'd rather have the "bare bones" edition. marty thanks for all you have done. i do the like the classifieds. keep it up.

Marty
09-26-2007, 09:34 PM
No offence Brandon, but I'm struggling a bit in understanding the logic. If you liked the basic functionality where you could only post, then that's fine... You can still post :) Just because we now have a gallery, Chat, etc doesn't mean that you have to use it, if you don't want to. It's there if you decide one day to use it, but if you like photo bucket instead, that will still work just fine. I am sure that as time goes, things will get used more and more and before you know it, it will become the new standard.....If you miss the old look, well - can't help you there :) .... well... actually maybe I can .... When things get too much, or you just feel nostalgic, just click here (http://web.archive.org/web/20070411090641/www.geckosunlimited.com/forum)

:)

cliff_f
09-26-2007, 10:21 PM
I am playing around with functions on the froums and I am starting to figure it out. I like it so far.

miss libby
09-26-2007, 10:23 PM
Im not too impressed with it really. Its seems like its alot more complecated now. The simplisticness of the other layout was much better. This ones just got to much going on for me to like.And this layout is like everyother forum.I just miss the old one.
Im sure im not the only person who feels this way.

#1 improvement theres a photo gallery. #2 improvement classifieds at your finger tips. #3 improvement awesome logo. #4 improvement overall better looking interface. There is one thing i dont see is a donation button. Should have one of those handy just in case.

Marty
09-26-2007, 10:38 PM
There is one thing i dont see is a donation button. Should have one of those handy just in case.

I hate asking members for donations and a donate button just cheapens the forum IMO. Later down the road I'll implement a "forum supporter" membership. This way you can get a few perks in return for your forum support contribution (ie. more gallery space, unlimited PMs, no google ads, custom titles, etc).

lessthantito
09-26-2007, 11:16 PM
I like the way the old forums looked I agree with SGVReptiles on the simplicity but I have a problem w/ the search function I was having a problem w/ a egg bound gecko and went to search Egg bound Crested and it would not let me complete the search because the word egg is under the minimum word length in the search option (which is 4), what's up w/ that?

Marty
09-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Search is fixed, 3 letter word is now the minimum. Your search should work now. As hard as I can try, I know I won't be able to please everyone. We work on majority basis here. :) Hm... that gives me an idea.... we should have a poll.

cliff_f
09-26-2007, 11:34 PM
Well there is still alot of bugs to work out. I am sure everything will fall into place if we keep you informed with the problems we are having. Most of them seem to be pretty simple to fix.

Marty
09-26-2007, 11:41 PM
Yes, there's a ton of settings for everything, any time you see something strange or would like something to work differently, just let me know. If possible I'll gladly implement it. You guys seem a bit feature resistant, so for now we're done - no big changes coming...just little tweaks here and there.

spidergecko
09-27-2007, 07:18 AM
I like that Firefox wipes out the sponsor and google ads. It makes the forums look "minimalist" again! :D

Marty
09-27-2007, 02:13 PM
bad news for the sponsors and for me... Maybe the forum will pay for itself somehow ;)

Go_on
09-28-2007, 11:37 AM
I am glad everybody likes the logo :)
Awesome Gallery thing marty ^^

Gl with tweaking and if you need some extra gfx, tell me...

Marty
09-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Thanks Go_on, I will if something comes up

miss libby
09-28-2007, 06:23 PM
I respect your opinion, and i think your a pretty classy guy to find other ways to support this great forum. Ive been visiting here for over a year and have watched this forum grow and i think it will be one of the greatest reptile forums in the world real soon. With a few good experienced people that can give good sound advice people will look to this forum for alot of their reptile needs. I hope this forum becomes everthing youve dreamed it would be and i wish you the best luck and success always.

Go_on
10-03-2007, 12:15 PM
The smaller catergorie icons are way better! :)

chrissie
10-07-2007, 07:31 AM
I would like to add my 2 cents worth.
Marty, I think you have done a great job on the site.:biggrin:
Anything new always takes time to get used to.
Thanks,
Chrissie.

Styx
10-10-2007, 04:25 PM
I think the site looks great also.

Marty
10-10-2007, 07:59 PM
Thx, appreciate the compliments :blushing:

Kevin McRae
10-11-2007, 09:38 AM
I agree it looks great! You have made it so their are no video links and they appear as videos, a neat classified section, and much more. Plus your Canadian :p!

Good work!

TARENTOLO
10-11-2007, 02:56 PM
For my is simple and usefull, but i only use few options:lol:! Visually it continues being atractive and easy to understand, and really your are making a great work!!!!
:cheer:geckosunlimitad:cheer: