PDA

View Full Version : room heating?

dtincoelemari
09-26-2007, 08:01 PM
What is the best way to heat your herps when you have a room full of shelf set ups for like shoebox/sweaterbox type shelves.like these Boaphile Plastics!!! Twenty Drawer Shoe Box Racks ! (http://boaphileplastics.com/20shoerack.html)
Should I go with 3" flexwatt heat tape, some kind of lamps, undertank heat pads , or should I just find a way to heat the whole room?

cliff_f
09-26-2007, 10:25 PM
All my diff lights i have keeps my room heated. I actually have problems keeping it cool enough. But one way you could warm your room is use one or two bathroom heaters that are in the celling and hook them to a thermastat. They will put off plenty of heat and wont cost alot and will wont be on the floor.

dtincoelemari
09-27-2007, 11:16 AM
That's what I was thinking but I guess what I want to know is if I do it that way then how are they gonna have a cool spot to choose? This is also why I was considering the flexwatt tape and/or lights..

cliff_f
09-27-2007, 01:44 PM
You just use that to keep the ambiant room temp at like 80F and you would still have to use heat tape or lights for a basking spot.

dtincoelemari
09-27-2007, 03:16 PM
I figured it would be something like that. Thanks for the input!! It always help to have another opinion from someone who knows what they are talking about!

Riverside Reptiles
09-29-2007, 02:47 PM
For heating shoe/sweater box racks, you'll probably want to go with heat tape on a thermostat. And depending on what species you have, and what the average temps in the room are, you may want to have some other heat source to raise the ambient air temps.