PDA

View Full Version : New Vittatus!! (pics Of Them)

TARENTOLO
10-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Hey people, there are my new geckos, a male & 2 female of G. Vittatus (white line geckos, skunk gecko) i bougth them in Expoterraria a Spanish show of reptils (i think its the only one in Spain).
the male
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/153/fotosexpoterraria030uq2.jpg
the females
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/364/fotosexpoterraria036eg6.jpg
I was looking for Stentor, but there were no one :sad:, but my girlfriend saw them and .... jejejejejeee!!!
Im looking for more information about this geckos, anyone can help mi?? i only know, the T-H parameters, they are eating everything i offer, crikects, mealwors, fruit, everything, but i have to separed the females, one of them "barks" the other, only when i put crikes in the viv, i think that when they stay at they new viv (this weekend) they dont figth for the food.
I hope you like them!!!!
PD: it was 36 euros for the trio.

cliff_f
10-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Really nice white lines. I am going to have to get some of those. I think they are really neat geckos.

camo
10-06-2007, 04:23 PM
They are very easy to keep overall. The temperature can be from the 70's to the high 80's and will not mind. They are a more warmer gecko species anyway. Mist the daily like all other geckos and the will eat whatever you give them and eventually breed.

Kevin McRae
10-07-2007, 02:17 PM
I find they prefer to be kept in the low 80's. They seem to go dark in the high 80's. Very neat geckos though, very fun to breed. I recommend getting CB animals over WC, CB's seem to be alot brighter in color.

Nice geckos. :)

TARENTOLO
10-08-2007, 07:31 AM
Yes, i observe that they make darkners with the T is about 30c. I buyed in a show, & i saw a pair of wc Vittatus & and they were more greenish & dark.
Is there any caresheets for breeding?? i want to know if they put the eegs in the walls like tokays, incubation time, T & H are diferent for the eggs?? and all the info i can find, or you can bring me.
Thanks people!!!
PD: For next messages i will convert my measurements of T.

camo
10-08-2007, 04:20 PM
They are egg gluers. I have kept the species but have never tried to make an effort to breed them till this year. My female laid here eggs in July and I have heard different thing from everyone about how long it takes for them to incubate but its suppose to be 80 to 100 days. Since they are egg gluers and usually glue their eggs to glass its hard to regulate the temperature they should be incubated at so I try to just keep these eggs around 78 to 82*F. And that is really standered anyway for all geckos.

TARENTOLO
10-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Thanks a lot!!!! Hope you can show them soon ;-):biggrin:!!!

camo
10-08-2007, 05:53 PM
your welcome :D