PDA

View Full Version : Eventually I want some CB Tokay(s)...

TempestGarden
11-08-2007, 06:14 PM
...and I have a question for those of you that have CB Tokays.

What can I realistically expect are far as "tameness" goes for Tokays that are captive bred? I am just curious because you don't read too much from people that have CB Tokays talking about either how tame they are or not.

I am not a person that absolutely has to hold my reptiles on a regular basis but I would like to have some Tokays that didn't want to kill me either. I think I read somewhere on the forums here that Tokays tend to be a little calmer if you give them more and more room (i.e. a larger enclosure). Any truth to that?

I am just interested in finding out what I might be able to expect, behavior-wise from Tokays that are CB.

cliff_f
11-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Well as far as tameness. They come out of the egg just like the parents. I do have some females that I hatched out that I raising up (a little over a year now). I can pet and touch them and the dont try to bite my figers off. They really dont like it to much and will make noises at me to let me know that the dont like it but they dont try to bite me. I have them in a 18x18x24 exo-terra. So really if you get a young CB tokay you have a good chance of calming them down where they wont try to bite your fingers everytime you try to touch them. I am not going to say they will calm down but you have a good chance.

TARENTOLO
11-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Probably the WC Tokays are more agresive than CB, normal if you think all they have to suffer since thier are captured. my Tokay´s are cb & the female is not agresive, never try to bite me, but the male did it many times but i thing it was more stresed than female.