PDA

View Full Version : Wheeleri portrait

aquapimp
11-11-2007, 10:36 PM
Just wanted to share a pic of a young male wheeleri (getting the hang of posting pics again).

Brennan
11-11-2007, 11:18 PM
Great picture Tom! Not many agree with me but I love the darker phase in wheeleri! Don't know what to call it in geckos, but in snakes, I would say nice black tipping!
Ryan

oli
11-12-2007, 12:30 PM
I like that gecko on your avatar too. That guy has got some unique coloration for what I believe to be an occidentalis?

aquapimp
11-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Thanks, Oli. Actually the avatar shot is of an animal I hatched about 3 years ago. Pure N.l.levis goodness :biggrin:. She was a result of a hypo/lava pairing. Unfortunately, I sold her off, but still have a good representation of those genes in my collection. Here's a full body shot, the colors looked much crazier in real life!

oli
11-13-2007, 02:06 PM
She's got to be the pinnacle to some lucky person's collection now. She is unlike any levis I have seen to date...

aquapimp
11-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Yeah, She was a beauty, Oli. However,wait until you see some of my holdbacks from this season......:)

GoldenGateGeckos
11-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Hmmmmmm... I think I may be the lucky person who has Tom's avatar gecko:

http://www.goldengategeckos.com/gallery%20pix/Gracie.JPG

aquapimp
11-13-2007, 05:24 PM
SHE LIVES!!! SO glad she's in good hands, Marcia. That is just TOO much :crackup:!

Who'd you get her from?

aquapimp
11-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Gracie? .... is that you :shock:? (found her on Marcia's site) It's OK, girl, You can come back home to your daddy now.

GoldenGateGeckos
11-13-2007, 08:43 PM
You can't have her back!!!! When I saw your photo, I almost fell out of my chair. She has lost most of the stunning lavender head and base of her tail, but has developed into a lovely caramel and gold color. (My photo does not do her justice.) She is as sweet a can be, and had produced some very nice offspring with one of my lava phase males.

I got her a couple of years ago from an Irish chap named Brian Doyle here in in San Francisco who was moving back to Ireland, and he told me he got her from you.

aquapimp
11-13-2007, 08:56 PM
Actually, I remember that transaction, now. What a score, Marcia! I'm glad she has done so well for you. I have a couple of her Brothers and sisters, still.