PDA

View Full Version : Eublepharis macularius

MK Geckos
12-14-2007, 03:31 AM
A new care_sheet entry has been added:

@marko@
04-26-2008, 10:04 PM
i just wanted to add that it is prefferable to have two dark hides. one on the warm side, one on the cool side. but it is next to impossible to fit all that in a 10 gal.

Riverside Reptiles
04-26-2008, 10:55 PM
i just wanted to add that it is prefferable to have two dark hides. one on the warm side, one on the cool side. but it is next to impossible to fit all that in a 10 gal.

I agree. And the answer to that is, if you can't fit all of the required needs into a certain size housing, then that size is probably not truely big enough.

khoffman1980
06-17-2008, 07:33 PM
I loved this article. It is one of the best I have read.

leoaddiction
07-28-2008, 03:07 PM
I agree, a 10 gallon is goos for juveniles but not for adults. A 20 gallon is the minimum, but a 20 gallon long is perfect.
Just a couple things i would like to add:
1- vary the diet. use silkworms, butterworms, and for adults, super worms, goliath worms, and hte ocasionnal pikny mouse.
2-you shouldnt house a make and female together because excessive breeding will stress the female. just introduce her once and she will have enough sperm to go through the breeding season.

but overall its a good basic caresheet, just a bit more info is needed and some corrections to be made.

bobo
08-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Hi. i am relatively new to keeping reptiles and have been keeping a leopard gecko for the past six months as i was told they were the best for begginers.
I still enjoy my lizard but feel confident enough to take on another and would like to know if there are any other species compatible with mine.
thanks.

dewthesunkist
09-21-2008, 09:53 PM
Best reptile to spend your money on. Easy to keep not hard to find and you enjoy every minute of them.

dewthesunkist
09-21-2008, 09:56 PM
hey fat-tailed geckos are another great type of gecko, cousins with the leopard geckos. I'd go and buy maybe two more leopard geckos depending how much you enjoy them.

roxyspappa
12-22-2008, 08:48 AM
so im con fused someone said she might have an infection and someone says she burned herself which one is it?

lochness_123
05-18-2009, 10:21 AM
creams weight is 28.5g is that ok and wot is the ideal weight for her to drop her eggs thanks

ladiesman
06-29-2009, 06:54 PM
ideal weight varies between individual lizards try not to stress to much bkoz its all guna happen natural sweety. try not to feed her to much bkoz her stroed fat is ideal for what is needed to drop eggs. i wud feed her small doses 1 time daily at the most to promote pedigree conditon within the womb. i hope the info above is helpful nd any 1 with quireys will b answered strait away. over nd out. :horse:

leopard geckos
07-19-2009, 04:29 PM
i have a two leo's ones pregnant im still working on getting my incubator

Helmeted gecko
10-22-2009, 12:46 AM
:cheer: :biggrin::D:):rofl::blushing: :yahoo: Good job!

herpluvr
01-09-2010, 01:43 PM
so im con fused someone said she might have an infection and someone says she burned herself which one is it?

Well, if you have a heat rock it is a very good possibility that she got burned. If you dont then she probably has an infection. I would need more info where is she hurt? How bad is it?

Soalersystem
04-05-2010, 09:17 PM
I have a [Male] super hypo tangerine carrot tail (juvenile) and what i believe is a [Female] bell albino giant tremper (juvenile) I also have them in a 10 gallon tank which is actually pretty roomy. I was just wandering if they would breed or not?

-Soalersystem

superleopardgecko
04-17-2010, 03:44 PM
i have that type of gecko :D

karenturcotte
04-25-2010, 10:44 AM
I have just rescued a Gecko from a very bad person, poor little guy is skinny, dehydrated and looks like he might have mouth rot. Thats not even the real problem! I have got his temps and humditiy up to 82F and 75 humditiy, seems he still has some skin to shed on his little toes.
The real problem is he can't see! I don't event think he has eyes. I can't tell because the jerk that had him just let him suffer and his eyes are all crusted over with this green hard crust and he can't close them!!!! He has a vets visit coming up on monday but I'm wondering if there is anything else i can do. I have snakes and have had them for many years but never a lizard, so Im not sure what I can be doing for him.
He has a vitiam mixture that i'm mixing with water and drop watering him in my hand. I have force feed him to crickets and he has some mealworms in his bowl. But he can't see to find them and I'm wondering if something might be wrong with his sense of smell as well.
Can anyone help me to ease this little guys suffering????

31complications
12-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Nice leo you have. I wish to some day raise one that will be as healthy as yours look in the photo.

Draga
04-25-2011, 11:55 PM
I have had my gecko in sand from the beginning =-O. I know now its not the substrate I should be using, but she's been in it for almost 8 months now & seems fine. However, I am curious, what are the symptom of impaction. She's eating & pooing wonderfully. I will change to rock & soil, but until then. Is she ok?

lionbatco
04-27-2011, 11:29 PM
i have a two leo's ones pregnant im still working on getting my incubator

dude why not make one yourself?

lionbatco
04-27-2011, 11:32 PM
I have a [Male] super hypo tangerine carrot tail (juvenile) and what i believe is a [Female] bell albino giant tremper (juvenile) I also have them in a 10 gallon tank which is actually pretty roomy. I was just wandering if they would breed or not?

-Soalersystem

well if it is a juvenile then you are gonna have to wait a while for them to grow, obviously. and you also have to find out what gender they are before trying to breed them

toshiorone
06-23-2011, 04:48 AM
Hi everyone.
I am new to Geckos and have always been keen to adopt one and be committed. I have a big glass space for the gecko and some set ups are already in my mind. However I am not sure yet because I haven't get myself a Gecko yet. I am considering of the Tokay gecko but as Ive read the threads, Tokays are more of a display pet and enjoy but not geckos that you could handle it every time. Tokay Geckos look so attractive and popular amongst the breeds. Having that all said, I am considering Tokay or the Leopard Gecko. Any advices? I want to make sure they live and happy being under my care.
Very much appreciated for sharing your thoughts and experience with me.. :D :D

devsharkey
07-23-2011, 12:46 PM
thanks for all the great info~
it really helped!

dmkowalski
09-12-2011, 12:00 AM
I have a leapord gecko who is almost 2 years old. In July, he was shedding and did not shed completely. We kept thinking that he would complete the process and begin eating again. In August, he began to peel again and the process was not complete. It appeared at this time that the top part of his head still had a layer of skin and that perhaps he could not see because of the skin. I tried to use tweezers to peel off the skin and it did look like his eye was opened up, so it seemed he was going to be ok. But still he did not eat and a day or two later he began to peel again. It seems that he is in a weakened state and does not want to eat and I'm still not sure if all the skin has peeled off around his mouth or his eyes. Is there something I can feed him that will help? I don't think he has eaten in since July and I'm afaid he won't make it if I don't do something. Help!!!:(:(:(

josabby
10-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Goliath worms are great for gravid females. granted you don't want to give them too many fattening worms and it's good to mainly feed them crickets and meal worms, but feeding them goliath worms every few weeks can make it easier for them to lay their eggs. I've occasionally had to isolate females from other females when they get close to laying a clutch because, well, let's just say the claws come out at feeding time and sometimes one will get stressed. Stress can lead to being egg bound.

XxWARDOGxX14
11-20-2011, 02:52 AM
hello evrybody ive never had a pet gecko but my brother has a pet ball python but my point is do you guys think i should get myself a leopard gecko?please reply

Jim
02-01-2012, 06:38 PM
I have just rescued a Gecko from a very bad person, poor little guy is skinny, dehydrated and looks like he might have mouth rot. Thats not even the real problem! I have got his temps and humditiy up to 82F and 75 humditiy, seems he still has some skin to shed on his little toes.
The real problem is he can't see! I don't event think he has eyes. I can't tell because the jerk that had him just let him suffer and his eyes are all crusted over with this green hard crust and he can't close them!!!! He has a vets visit coming up on monday but I'm wondering if there is anything else i can do. I have snakes and have had them for many years but never a lizard, so Im not sure what I can be doing for him.
He has a vitiam mixture that i'm mixing with water and drop watering him in my hand. I have force feed him to crickets and he has some mealworms in his bowl. But he can't see to find them and I'm wondering if something might be wrong with his sense of smell as well.
Can anyone help me to ease this little guys suffering????

...that very bad person is one EVIL individual. What he/she did to this little guy is just plain inhuman!

Jim
02-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Hi! It sounds like you know about eggs and egg laying. I lifted my large hide in my 55 gallon tank to check on my two snow spotted Leopards (purchased on 1/22/12). They look fine; however, the one looks like it swallowed a ping pong ball! Now, the guy I purchased these beauties from told me they were male and female. When the female is going to lay a clutch of eggs does she get really big like that?? I want to look and see if this one is the female; however, I do NOT want to stress her. She is big! They may be supers, as they do have some weight to them. Any suggestions? thanks...kimo

Jim
02-02-2012, 05:41 PM
OK, I have a male and female of this morph. What is the official name for it???? I am thinking Spotted Snow ??? Yes/No?

Is anyone SURE of the type pattern??? Please advise, thanks.....jim