View Full Version : Tokay Shedding Problems

12-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Hey there,
I received a Male Tokay from Eco-Regional Reptiles today. He sent it via next day air on Tuesday evening and it arrived this morning due to UPS's complete inadequacy. Dude actually isn't returning my e-mails, either, so I'm not sure what his deal is..So far I'm not too happy with his customer service. Anyway, as you can imagine, I have just been totally worried and feeling helpless these past few days as UPS continued to misplace/forget my geckos in CA and KY.
When they arrived (male tokay, 2x Female G. Luii, female Tibetan Frog-Eyed) they were all alive and looking well, surprisingly. The two G. Luiis were shedding and managed to successfully finish their shedding not long after introduced into quarantine tanks.

The male Tokay, however, has been having trouble shedding. He's been have shed pretty much all day, and doesn't seem like he knows how to get the rest off. I tried to aid by using gloves and a wet paper towel to moisten him and try to carefully help him lift away the dead skin. Of course, this is the fiestiest Tokay I've encountered and would have none of that. I'm kinda worried about him. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance..

12-22-2007, 12:08 AM
keep the tank he is in very humid. maybe add a few paper towels in with him.

12-22-2007, 01:36 PM
Is he a WC or CB Tokay? If hes a WC how skinny is he? The problem with wild caught is that 7-8 out of 10 that are imported do not make it. But because they are 8-10 bucks anyone will buy them and no one wants to pay 35 for a good healthy CB baby. Let me know if hes WC or CB and how good of shape hes in.

12-23-2007, 12:20 AM
I would just try to keep the tank very humid by misting a few times a day. I have also use some of those skin aid products that you can buy at pet stores that you just spray on them. They seem to help out.