PDA

View Full Version : leopard gecko skinny, wont eat. please help! I am very worried!

remylebeu
01-02-2008, 01:47 AM
Over the last little while, one of my male leopard geckos has lost significant weight and has lost interest in food. I have also noticed watery stools in the tank. I have switched to a newspaper substrate from sand, and I have been cleaning the cage ALOT. My sick gecko has one male cage mate who seems to be perfectly fine. They are both around 4 years of age and have never fought. I have already tried seperating them, and hand feeding the sickly one. He has been moving okay, but a little slower than usual. If you have any tips, ideas,instructions, or other things to check for, please post. I am extremely worried about my pet. Thank you!:cry:

Mikhail F. Bagaturov
01-07-2008, 05:38 AM
Hello!

Did You raise humidity for them by any chance last time?
Looking like the start of the microsporidia invasion we have here a lot in russia among eublepharids.

hkousoulos
03-31-2008, 06:02 PM
Hello!

Did You raise humidity for them by any chance last time?
Looking like the start of the microsporidia invasion we have here a lot in russia among eublepharids.

what is microsporidia invasion..?

lemonjello
04-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Yeah...Is it some disease?

acpart
04-13-2008, 07:47 PM
I think your best bet is to take the gecko and some of his poop if possible to the vet ASAP. If it is some kind of parasite, the vet should be able to determine what it is and which medication to use to treat it, also how to avoid contagion. At this point, if you've put them back together I recommend separating them again and using paper towel instead of repticarpet so you can change it every day and prevent re-infection.

ALiza