PDA

View Full Version : Pinky mice

okTokaY210
01-07-2008, 06:41 PM
My two tokays are around 5 to 6 inches, and i bought them from a pet store a few days ago where they were kept in a very small space and fed crickets. i was woundering if they are big enough to start feeding them pinkies every month or so? and should i wait a while for them to adjust to their new surounding before i do so?

cliff_f
01-07-2008, 09:08 PM
They should be able to eat a small pinky. Really you just need to look at them and make sure the pinky dosnt look way to big for it.

okTokaY210
01-07-2008, 09:31 PM
so if i have 2 geckos in the same cage, what should i do about feeding the pinkys to them. wont one of the geckos eat both of the pinkys??

also when i feed them pinkys, that is one feeding right, i shouldnt feed them any crickets till the next day or the day after right??

'stoph
01-08-2008, 04:45 AM
I hand feed them so I can make sure 1 tokay doesn't take both pinkies.
As long as the whole food item fits in their gaping mouths it's ok.

also when i feed them pinkys, that is one feeding right, i shouldnt feed them any crickets till the next day or the day after right??
correct - don't feed them more than 1 pinky a month.

BlakeDeffenbaugh
01-08-2008, 05:05 PM
If the animals are on different sides of the cages just put a pinky by both. I feed them to my adults when they are both in the cages I just make sure they are on different sides. I feed my adults 2 or 3 at a time. But they are full grown as well. When I have access to them I'll feed pinkys to my adults a few times a month. But I dont feed them to young animals. I'm sure they'll eat them I just dont do it. When I feed pinkys I dont feed for a few days to make sure the mouse gets all the way digested.

jabberwock486
01-29-2008, 12:15 AM
i fed my male a muti pinkie last night. the female gets one tonight. don't feed too many. mine get them as treats during breeding.