PDA

View Full Version : legislation issue: URGENT HELP WANTED

Peter B
01-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Hi,

First a small explanation of why I need help. In belgium (where else!) the government came with the more or less final proposal of a "positive list". This list mentions all reptiles we will be allowed to keep in the future. Everything else will be illegal. The complete list of reptiles is only 161 species long! What's on it of gecko's:
4 Coleonyx species
4 Goniurosaurus
9 Phelsuma
3 Rhaco's
Nephrurus asper
Eublepharis macularius
8 species which are almost never available (e.g. Ailuronyx). THATS ALL!!!!!! No Uroplatus, no aussies, no nothing.
We have time till the end of this month to do proposals of animals that we think that should be added to the list. Easy because there are zillions of species left. But it's a big job to make a sheet per specie. We need official breeding reports (=published) and publications concerning the keeping of the animals to prove that it is possible to keep them in captivity and to breed them. Because there is so little time I concentrate on 3 species: Uroplatus guentheri, Uroplatus henkeli and Teratolepis fasciata.
My question for everybody: if you have detailed titles of publications for example:
" HANCE,MICHAEL(2001): Captive Husbandry and Reproduction of the Carrot-tailed Viper Gecko (Teratolepis fasciata); Reptiles Magazine "
or even better if you can scan the articles themselves and send them by PM it would be a great help to make the "add species form"
Thanks in advance!

allen
07-17-2008, 03:25 AM
Yes indeed, these are dark times in our little country....:roll:

No serious, as Peter says, we really need every info we can get.
So if anyone could help use out here, that would be great!!

thanks in advance

Allen