PDA

View Full Version : finalized tokay tank

jabberwock486
02-06-2008, 01:00 PM
well finished off my tokay tank last night. so far they really like it. the female loves the new extension. now hopefully she will drop more eggs soon.

Riverside Reptiles
02-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Very cool. I like how you created the vertical space by adding the second tank. Good idea.

jabberwock486
02-06-2008, 02:39 PM
i am thinking about getting a small MH light for this tank. it would put out more light for the plants and take up less space.

the tank ontop was the old crested tank. i set it outside a month ago but i must had cracked it in the move. i remember a crunch when i sat it down. so instead of tossing it i just removed the bottom seal and remaining glass. perfect fit into the grooves of this larger tank.

Riverside Reptiles
02-06-2008, 02:50 PM
I use metal halides on my tegus. They're great for UV and will do wonders for your plants. But do keep in mind that they throw a lot of heat, which is good for my large tegu enclosures but might be too much for something smaller and more enclosed like this.

jabberwock486
02-06-2008, 03:25 PM
I use to grow weed in my closet with MH lights in college. i remember how to cool them, but i am going to get a 50-100 watt compared to a 400 watt. i use a 50 watt HPS lamp with my skink cage, i am thinking around that size. although MH is more heat vs light than HPS, its more of the kind of lights plants like. these don't put out anywhere near that much heat compared to incandescent. i can touch the HPS lamp, i wouldn't hold it but it can be touched. by far the hottest lamps i own are 75 watt black lights.

i really don't know why more people don't use these kinds of lights. for terrariums with plants nothing even comes close. why else would top marijuana growers use them in their setups? i find it comical that legit people are clueless about them. i no longer grow marijuana but the lessons of electrical safety, lighting and plant growth have stuck with me. i find that it all comes in handy with my new hobby of herpetology. lol

cliff_f
02-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Awesome setup, it looks really good.

BMarley
02-06-2008, 06:47 PM
AWESOME SETUP MAN.how did u add that tank on top?did u break the bottome glass or somethign like that

jabberwock486
02-06-2008, 09:58 PM
AWESOME SETUP MAN.how did u add that tank on top?did u break the bottome glass or somethign like that
yea that is what i had to do, but it was already broken. this tank fit perfectly into the lower tanks grooves. i added silicone to seal it. i decorated it first. what looks like one long log on the left is split into 2 parts. the one on the right is a whole log and was the last thing added.

its a 55 gallon and the upper tank is 21-23 gallon, was made by a friend years ago. was a little bigger than a 20 gallon high.

AngiN
02-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Fabulous enclosure, well done, I bet your geckos will love it.