PDA

View Full Version : Shedding Golden Gecko

Hemphogg
02-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Hello Everyone....

I am pretty new to the reptiles world and have a question... I have a Golden Gecko that was left behind at one of the jobs I was on.. So I couldn't just leave it there... To make a long story short.. I'm not sure how old he is but I have only had him for about 2 weeks, When I got home today I noticed that he was shedding.. My question is: Is there anything I should be doing to help his shedding along or should I just leave him and let nature take its course? I read that I should try to keep him moist to make it easier on him for shedding?... Any help would be great... I have been able to learn a lot from reading the forms, But I could not find anything about Goldens Shedding... Once again.. Thanks...

cliff_f
02-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Really you dont have to do much. Make sure the humidity is up and that is about it. Dont make the cage moist just make sure the humidity stays up. If they cage is wet all the time that can lead to mold growing in the tank.

Hemphogg
02-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Thanks.. I will do that.. I just noticed that he is about 3/4 of the way finished.. I looked to make sure that the skin came away from his eye and they were clear.. So I'll just do as you said and keep the humidity up.. Thanks again..