PDA

View Full Version : Calico Tokay

Ophidiophile
02-24-2008, 10:49 AM
Hi all. This is my first post to this site. I am a longtime (and I mean longtime = 30 years) breeder of reptiles, mostly snakes, and just decided to take the plunge into tokays. And of course, if you're going to get into Tokays, why not start with challenging, overpriced ones?! :lol: I just got 1.1 calicos about 2 weeks ago. They are wc and came in VERY skinny but they are now feeding great on crickets dusted with calcium/D3/herptavite, superworms and the occasional pinkie. I will be getting fecals done on them this week. They are in separate cages but the plan is to rehab them for a period of about 6 months and then introduce them in a different cage. Anyway, I'm really enjoying the world of Tokays so far -- here's a photo of the female: http://dptracer.home.comcast.net/~dptracer/images/FTokay2-21-08a.jpg

Visit Ophidiophile Farms (http://www.ophidiophile.com)

Uroplatus
02-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Do you have a notion where the animals to come? I heard that the animals originate from Bali. Others call China than discovery site. Calico Tokehs are since longer in the trade, unfortunately i couldnt see some babies offered. Amusingly. :?

She is looking great!

BlakeDeffenbaugh
02-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Very nice lookin calico. You need to keep me on a list for babys.

Palex134
02-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Very nice specimen.

Ophidiophile
02-24-2008, 06:57 PM
Do you have a notion where the animals to come? I heard that the animals originate from Bali. Others call China

I was told that they originated in Indonesia but not what island they're from. So if this info is correct, then Bali is a possibility but China is not.

And thanks everyone for the kind words so far! :banana:

BlakeDeffenbaugh
02-24-2008, 07:13 PM
I've heard most the morphs come from Indonesia or Vietnam. Not 100% sure on that but thats what I've heard from a few people that get them imported.

cliff_f
02-24-2008, 11:28 PM
Cant wait till you get those breeding!