PDA

View Full Version : White Line Gecko Breeding Help

shiky-kim
02-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Hi all, I have 2 White Line Geckos and my female has just laid an egg yesterday. I'm really concerned because all the articles I've looked at have said there should be 2 eggs and that they'd be laid up against the glass...But there is only one and its fallen down onto the floor of the tank. My female has become very skittish and territorial and I definately don't want to move the egg if it'll harm it or upset the mother. Please if anybody has any information that would help me it would be greatly appreciated, I'm just a nervous owner!
thanks
Kim

Ingo
02-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Probably her first egg and probably infertile. No need to worry

max power
03-18-2008, 01:08 PM
if u do end up with babies DO NOT REMOVE THEM. mine had a high mortality rate when seperated to early. these geckos are parental and will not eat their young.

BlakeDeffenbaugh
03-18-2008, 02:22 PM
Mortality rate would have nothing to do with separating them from the parents though. Them dieing after they are hatched is either dew to weak animals or something in the environment. I'm with Ingo on its probably a dud. But I had a golden egg found on the floor that is totally healthy and should hatch out in a month or so. Just candle it and see if there is veins in it to be safe. If it is good put it in some vermiculite to keep it humid for incubation.