PDA

View Full Version : Golden Gecko egg question

BlakeDeffenbaugh
02-28-2008, 02:03 PM
OK. I found a egg on the ground in my Goldens cage the other day. It didnt look good but just for piece of mind I put it in a cup of vermiculite to be safe. Today I was looking at it and there is blood veins running threw it now. Here is the question. What temps are needed to incubate it. I have it in the cup of vermiculite sitting on a shelf in my reptile room and its around 85-88F. It seems to be doing fine but its also only been in there 2-3 days. Anyone got any experience breeding Goldens that can offer up some information?

Ingo
02-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Typically I leave the eggs form my goldens just in the tank. There, they hatch after 90 to 120 days. I once had a detached clutch in the incubator at constantly 28 the babies hatched out after 72 and 74 days.

Ingo

BlakeDeffenbaugh
02-28-2008, 02:16 PM
Thanks Ingo I found it on the floor of the cage so I didnt think it would be good. It was a single egg on the ground so I figure it would be bad. My rooms stays in the mid 80s so I'll find a good spot with my temp gun to put the container. I was just psyched to see that it was a good fertile egg. Hopefully this means I'll get more eggs soon.

cliff_f
02-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Thats awesome man. I am still getting duds from the female i got off you. Hopefully she will give some good ones soon.