View Full Version : Tokay Morphs and a hello

03-03-2008, 04:05 AM
Hello people, new here. From Sheffield, England.

Loving the buzz about Tokay Morphs, i think they are going to be huge. I have collected some myself, just a modest little group but i can combo them up see if i can get double genes at some point in the future.

i put together a little site to show em off its

Tokay Gecko Morphs by Charles Thompson (http://www.tokaymorphs.co.uk)

Calico Female #1

Blue & Yellow Granite.

Loads more piccies on the site, so now i guess i am joining the group wondering how the hell some of the genes work.

Hope you like and pleased to meet you all.

03-03-2008, 11:03 AM
well here's a little feedback: nice site, i enjoyed your pictures. Generally im not a fan of colour morphs and the way they are marketed, but i must confess that some Tokay variants look really cool.
what camera are you using?

Riverside Reptiles
03-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Welcome to GU. I like the blue and yellow granite :)

03-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Sounds like we're living in parallel universes. I too am a long time reptile breeder who's just getting into Tokay morphs. Right now I just have a pair of calicos but hopefully more to come...
Congrats on a very nice collection!

03-03-2008, 12:33 PM
NERD - New England Reptile Distributors - Tokay Geckos (http://www.newenglandreptile.com/nerd/index.php/tokay-geckos/tokay-menu-page.html)
This is a link to NERD. I'm sure you have heard of them . . if not they are huge breeders of about everything. Kevin has a huge collection of tokay morphs and is working on figuring them out. That site might help you with a little bit of genetics. If anything email them and he should help you out if he can. It does seem though that most, if not all morphs known so far, are simple recessive. Great looking animals by the way and it sucks your over seas or we would be doing business later this year when you get babys.

03-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Very nice site. I really like it.

03-04-2008, 03:39 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. I just love i think they are great. Some one accused me of changing them on another forum. "Normal tokays were beautiful before, they didnt need changing" - These are wc adults!!!! They occur naturally, but she is one of those people who cant be told.

I agree with her normal tokays are stunningly beautiful but i like these because they are different.

Yes ophibiophile we are on the same wavelength, we'll have to stay in touch to help one another out when breeding starts. Trick and tips etc.

kind regards chaz