PDA

View Full Version : Problem Amyae

Eddie G.
03-17-2008, 06:25 AM
One of my Amyae of which I think is a male has suddenly stopped eating. He is also alot more timid the usual and is even scared of his crickets and woodies. It has been about 8 days since he last ate.

I have had him housed with a female for the last 12 months and have not had any issues with feeding to this point. The temperature is still up with a cool zone around 26 C and a hot zone of 32.

Nothing else has changed and he is still reasonably active.

My options are :?:?

Wait it out and hope he snaps out of it.

Set up another tank to seperate him from the female.

Or assume the worst and take him to the vet.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Eddie G.
03-18-2008, 05:55 AM
Can anyone offer any suggestions on what I should do?

Rob D'heu
03-18-2008, 08:19 AM
I would separate him from the female for sure . If he doesn't starts eating I would go to the vet .

Riverside Reptiles
03-18-2008, 10:33 AM
I agree. It certainly can't hurt to separate him from the female. That would be my first step.

Eddie G.
03-19-2008, 04:44 AM
Cheers for the input.

He is still not feeding so I will be seperating them in the next days or so.

Ed

Charles
03-19-2008, 05:19 AM
Seperate them for a while and let wait and see whether he accepts food again. If no, froce feeding is a must (open his month and let him bite "pre-killed cricket without the head" by himself if he is willing) cause I think it is no use to take him to the vet

Pitbullgeckos
03-19-2008, 05:19 AM
Seperate and give him a b-vitamincomplex shot. The shot gives him a little boost and snap him out of it. I have tried this with a female from the same spices and it worked fine.

Eddie G.
03-23-2008, 06:43 AM
:biggrin::biggrin:

For those who are interested !

After seperating the male into his own tank, he has now started eating regularly again

Cheers Ed

van_veen456
03-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Maybe he just 'forgot' to eat and only thought about the female...