PDA

View Full Version : Pygmy mice for Nephrurus?

skycock
05-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Babies are around the size of a pencil eraser. I used to breed them for baby schlegelii, they are small enough but are they too rich for nephrurus to handle? If anyone has had any experience please post your comments.

oli
05-11-2008, 05:52 PM
I feed my female nephrurus the occasional gravid treat of african soft-furred rat pups with no problems, I wouldn't think they'd be a problem to feed here and there to the pregnant females, but I haven't writen a thesis comparing the two so I could be wrong.

Riverside Reptiles
05-11-2008, 09:16 PM
I think they'd be fine for a gravid female. But I don't think they would be good for every day normal feedings.

skycock
05-11-2008, 11:46 PM
I think they'd be fine for a gravid female.

This would be the primary use, other than occasional supplementation for males during breeding season, once a month or so. I know some animals will react negatively when their liver and kidneys get overloaded with food items higher in protein than usual. This is my main concern. Thanks for the information--keep posting comments for the information helps us all.

Pitbullgeckos
05-12-2008, 04:04 AM
I use pinkies to most nephrurus spices with great results. No every day as mensioned but maby every two weeks or so. For the smaller softskins like levisimus this is probably not a good idé due to the size of the lizard, they will not take it.

For nutrition this is most beneficial I belive.