PDA

View Full Version : Geckoella collegalensis pictures.

naja
06-11-2008, 04:30 AM
Enjoy the pictures of this very beautiful gecko from Bombay,India where it is not uncommon.Has a wide habitat preference,from primary forest to secondary degarded graa and scrub around human habitation.
Currently keeping a female,hope to find a male and breed them.I feed mine on termites,crickets and early instae meal worms,fed every day.
Warm Regards,
Naja.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::yahoo::yahoo:

Uroplatus
06-11-2008, 11:41 AM
:yikes:

Hey Naja!

Did you collect the female in your neighbourhood?
If yes, much luck with the search for a male!

I would along-search so gladly! :biggrin:

naja
06-13-2008, 09:40 AM
Yes i did collect the female near my house.

BlackMetalMaster
06-15-2008, 04:14 PM
Hi Naja,

welcome to the forums. It's nice to finally see some more pictures of this beautiful geckos! Can you give us some information on how you keep them? Thanks!

Br,
Chris

conus
06-15-2008, 08:36 PM
Greetings friend,keep this gecko in not too large an enclosure and feed young specimens on termites/pinhead crickets or appropriate sized food.Larger specimens accept mealworms gradually.Since this species hails from a grass and scrub habitat,high humidity will cause fungal infections.Spray water droplets to provide water and provide some drift wood for a hiding place.Warm regards,Javed Ahmed.

naja
06-16-2008, 05:04 AM
HI all,
|This species was considered to be an arboreal species by certain Indian scientists, but after a detailed survey in Mumbai , I along with conus and some other friends, we got to observe more than 22 individuals in their natural habitat. All the individuals were found largely active after dusk and only 3 individuals were found late in the night. Most of the individuals observed were females and most of them were gravid. As observed this species mostly feed on termites , crickets, grasshoppperss. Their major predators appears to be scorpions of the genus Heterometrus and spiders of tthe genus Chelobrachyus. Regular surveys are being conducted daily to gather more data on the biology of this beautiful gekkonid. Will keep updating our fidings.
Cheers

Uroplatus
06-16-2008, 07:33 AM
Thank you for the informations Naja!
I would like to see later some photos of the habitat or your setup from G.collegalensis.

best,
Oliver

naja
06-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Here are the habitatn pictures requested,along with some pics of Individuals collected me,conus along with other friends.
Cheers

Gergo
06-27-2008, 05:00 AM
Hi Naja!

This is amazing...
Best Regards,Gergő

gecko spotter
12-26-2008, 04:43 AM
guys this species has now come under the genus Cyrtodactylus rather than Geckoella.....im not too sure if the species is back to Geckoella, please do check this as i cannot access the reference!
Cheers