PDA

View Full Version : Geckoella deccanensis pics

conus
06-11-2008, 05:37 AM
Hi all, Enjoy the pics of this very common gecko from Bombay.I currently keep a pair which i intend to breed.

Uroplatus
06-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Hey Conus!

Thank you for posting the Photos!

I keep one pair of G.albofasciata myself. There is still a few people here outside which keep this mad kind in captivity. However it fails at present because of the breed of the animals!
You can give us a good hint, how we should stimulate the geckos for mating! :roll:
http://www.geckosunlimited.com/community/bent-toed-bow-fingered-geckos-cyrtodactylus/29811-geckoella-albofasciata-breeding.html
Thank you!

conus
06-13-2008, 04:39 PM
Dear friend, you are welcome.Keep a pair of Geckoella deccanensis in not too large a tank,say about 12-15 inches.Provide a substrate of vermicompost(not vermiculite),provide some rocks as a hide and a place for the female to glue eggs.Keep the amount of humidity low,not as in G albofasciatus. Maintain daytime temperatures at 28-29 degrees and 24-25 degrees for nightfall.Feed daily.Warm regards,Javed Ahmed.

Bowfinger
06-14-2008, 01:45 AM
...and a place for the female to glue eggs.
really?:?

conus
06-14-2008, 03:19 AM
Greetings friend,the word "glue" in my previous post doesnot imply that the gecko glues the egg,but merely implies the rather sticky nature of the egg/s,which enables it/them to stick on most surfaces. Sincere apologies for the misconception!

Uroplatus
06-15-2008, 02:43 AM
Hey Conus!

Could you observe that your G.deccanensis females ate snails? Property belongs that the females get into the pregnation a bone softening. Lack of Calcium. How do you bend forwards?

Do you have a special lighting?

What do you hold from an occasional separation of the sexes for the increase of the mating readiness? Apparently G.albofasciata make with the dryness of the season a dwell phase for regeneration, which you can say to it?

Thank you very much!

conus
06-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Dear friend,I donot provide any special lighting for my breeding pair.Also they are kept together all the time and mate without any special stimuli.They refuse to accept snails and I doubt whether these geckos feed on snails in the wild.The bulk of calcium in their diet comes from eating insects(they have a chitinous exoskeleton).Extra calcium can be supplemented by addition of a calcium supplement in their waterdish in minute quantities.Warm regards,Javed Ahmed.

conus
06-15-2008, 03:53 PM
Also,G. deccanensis is a species(along with G. collegalensis) which breeds year round in Bombay,as juvenlies and egg bound females have been collected year round by us. G. albofasciatus may breed post monsoon and hence a dry spell may stimulate it to breed but if optimal conditions are present year round i donot see why shouldnt they breed year round.P.S:-My female is going to deposit eggs soon. :)