PDA

View Full Version : Diplodactylus Tesselatus.....help plzz

rhacoboy
07-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Hey, So this week I'll be getting my first pair of D. Tesselatus. I'm sooo excited. i Set up the cage allready, I have a hideing spot and an egg laying nest (dellie cup flipped upside down with moss in it and a hole on the side.
I have very fine grain sand in the cage as well. I know they will need a water bowl. The person i'm buying them from has been very helpful to me. I was just wondering if it sounds like i'm doing everything right, and if anyone has any advice on them or experience.

Thanks

PassPort
07-07-2008, 03:04 PM
getting them from derek?

rhacoboy
07-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Nope, I'm getting them from alec fieldman

PassPort
07-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Alec is a good guy. I can promise you that you're getting good geckos.
-Kevin

rhacoboy
07-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Alec is a good guy. I can promise you that you're getting good geckos.
-Kevin

Thanks very much! He's been so helpful. He must be getting annoyed of me tho, i just keep asking questions :]. I can't wait to get them!

kev, do you keep any diplos?

PassPort
07-08-2008, 06:14 PM
I've got a lone male galeatus right now. Picking up some daemeum and vittatus in a month. I do keep a few Strophurus though, and they are just arboreal Diplo's.

rhacoboy
07-09-2008, 01:31 AM
Thats cool. I love the gelatus.(?) but soooo expensive!!!!!

I'm picking up a pair of Vittatus in about a month too. Does anyone know if tesselatus are easy to breed, and is anyone currently like successfully producing them each year? I need some breeding advice. I've never owned diplodactylus before so idk anything rly about breeding. Btw, hes shipping them tomorrow!!!

Thxx

PassPort
07-09-2008, 02:24 PM
email Jerry Peebles or Derek Wong, they both know the species well

rhacoboy
07-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Could you pm. me their email addresses?

Thx

Crandall Geckos
07-09-2008, 07:25 PM
for derek wong you could go to shoeboxreptiles.com i belive hes got his email there.

rhacoboy
07-10-2008, 03:11 PM
They just came this morning. They are truely one of the most beautiful geckos i've ever seen!!!! The male is like a dark brown and the female, when she came was a light gray/whitish color and when she warmed up was a very nice dark grey. I hope to have a good season with these guys!