PDA

View Full Version : Sound

Robbe
08-20-2008, 08:48 AM
hey before I go out and bay 2 tokay´s I would like to hear how bad do they make their noise are sound so you wake up in the middle of the night and cant go back to sleep?.:shock:

It´s because im a student and my reptiels are being kept in my room, where I sleep, wacth tv, hear musik and do my home work.;-)

I know it is very different from animal to animal. but what are your experiance whit this attitude?.

regards Robin

jabberwock486
08-20-2008, 09:45 AM
i keep my main pair in my room. have only woke me up once in the morning around 8:00am.

no doubt they call, but it is more often late morning or early evening. they don't call too much as they know were the other is at. if i separate them i would bet they would call far more.

if anything my crested geckos are more noisy.

they tokay call it self can be very loud. mine tend to also get very vocal when a loved food item is passed their way.

Saille
08-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Years ago my roomie had a large male that we let freely roam the apartment.
About once a month or so, (only in the summer when it was warm out) he'd make his "I'm Lookin' For A Lady!" noises, usually anywhere from 2:30 AM until about 4AM. And it was LOUD!
But he'd do it like once a night and it would only last about maybe 5 minutes or so and for maybe a few nights running (say 3-4) and I'd wake up, giggle about him being lonely, and roll over and go back to sleep.
I'm a light sleeper, but it wasn't enough to bother me. I personally found it far more amusing than anything. :biggrin:

I have also heard that they dont' "bark" or "call" as much if they have a female around.
I loved that Tokay. . .. :lol:

cliff_f
08-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Their call is loud but usually only last for a short time in the evening and early morning. Nothing that is going to keep you up all night.

Robbe
08-22-2008, 02:54 AM
hey thanks for the replies, then I´m going on a tokay hunt;) hehe

Regards Robin