dactylus
10-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Bought at 'Hamm Sept 08', she looked a little small;
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh318/Easton6649/Hamm_WF.jpg
One month later, a healthier well rounded gecko;
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh318/Easton6649/williamsi_F.jpg

Jakob R
10-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Haha I love l. williamsi :) Were there alot of them for sale at hamm? And if you dont mind telling, how much did you pay? I just bought a pair a couple of weeks ago :)

jpg
10-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Nice gecko ! I wish I could get some of those Sphaerodactylus Elegans here in the states .

dactylus
10-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Haha I love l. williamsi :) Were there alot of them for sale at hamm? And if you dont mind telling, how much did you pay? I just bought a pair a couple of weeks ago :)

Didn't see too many on the tables, a few males and a single female. I'm sure there were plenty more under the tables with deals already having been done. :D

Phelsuma04
10-13-2008, 06:23 PM
These are good looking geckos that are abundantly available right now. Any idea what will happen with these guys? If they continue to import them you would think the price will plummet.

How easy are they to breed and raise? I want a pair but if they will come down in price soon I will just wait.

jpg
10-13-2008, 07:18 PM
They breed redily in captivity and have been coming down in price significantly . Im sure they will end up being a $30 gecko soon . I paid $250 for a pair a month ago and see them for $175 a pair now and dropping .

dactylus
10-14-2008, 04:08 AM
These are good looking geckos that are abundantly available right now. Any idea what will happen with these guys? If they continue to import them you would think the price will plummet.

How easy are they to breed and raise? I want a pair but if they will come down in price soon I will just wait.

The price will probably drop further yet,....not due to continued imports, but more likely to the numbers being captive bred.
I've only had them a month, already observed three matings, and know the female is gravid. By all account they're just a prolific as any other lygodactylus.
Raising the youngsters requires tiny food on a daily basis, and an escape proof cage. They are tiny, but grow very fast!
Hopefully their popularity will stimulate more interest in the lygodactylus species. It's a big genus, many as yet undescribed, and so few avaiable.