PDA

View Full Version : Misting how to.

Robineng
11-09-2008, 06:20 AM
This might come across as a completly stupid and probably moronic question. But how do you efficiently mist a terrarium? How do you spray it to mist it?

cliff_f
11-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Its actually pretty simple. Get a spray bottle and spray it down. If you have alot of cages you might consider a chemical sprayer (or course you never never add any chemicals to that bottle).

acpart
11-09-2008, 02:09 PM
This might come across as a completly stupid and probably moronic question. But how do you efficiently mist a terrarium? How do you spray it to mist it?

I don't know what size you're misting or what the mist needs are. Some people have programmed misting systems. I have 3 terrariums that need misting, for P. laticauda, P. klemmeri and crested gecko. I started using a hand sprayer but that got tedious. I now have a 2 liter spray bottle. It has a pump at the top to build pressure and a button that you can lock. So I fill it up, pump it, and then push the button and spray all around the terrarium. They are all front opening, so I have no problem.

Aliza

Robineng
11-09-2008, 02:30 PM
I have nothing that require misting (yet), kind of wanted to know how to do it properly before getting anything that requires it. ;)

Anyway, think Im getting the picture. I always got the impression that the spraying would always cause some mist due to it being called "misting", but its just spraying down until everything seems somewhat damp in the terrarium?

acpart
11-09-2008, 04:46 PM
That's about it. If you have plants, you want to spray enough so the soil is appropriately wet. If you have geckos that need to drink water drops, you want to have drops on the sides of the tank and some on the plants.

Aliza