PDA

View Full Version : dusting my tokay's insects

squamata
12-22-2008, 11:02 AM
i feed my adult tokay everyday. is it enough that i dust the insects with calcium three days in a week? TIA

cliff_f
12-24-2008, 05:35 PM
I feed my tokays every other day and dust every feeding. You really don't need to feed every day.

Graham_s
12-24-2008, 06:49 PM
I feed every other day, (sometimes every third day to encourage eating better each time, as they are not sure exactly when the next feed will come)
and I dust every feed, and use a 6:1 calcium to vitamin ratio.

squamata
12-25-2008, 07:16 AM
oh yes, just recently, ive started feeding only five days in a week. i might even limit the feeding to three times in a week cos she is starting to bulk up too much and hardly clinging vertically cos of her weight (i think).

Graham_s
12-25-2008, 01:45 PM
oh yes, just recently, ive started feeding only five days in a week. i might even limit the feeding to three times in a week cos she is starting to bulk up too much and hardly clinging vertically cos of her weight (i think).

do you have any photos?

squamata
12-25-2008, 08:17 PM
just the same old pics i posted here before.

kirak
12-26-2008, 07:56 AM
Hello Graham,

I've noted you have Eumeces schneideri. They are native to my country and I kept those years ago. Mine were eating not only insects, but also (with pleasure) soft grapes, mulberry and apricot fruits. Great animals!

I wish everybody at the forum Merry Christmas and Happy 2009!!

Graham_s
12-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Hello Graham,

I've noted you have Eumeces schneideri. They are native to my country and I kept those years ago. Mine were eating not only insects, but also (with pleasure) soft grapes, mulberry and apricot fruits. Great animals!

I wish everybody at the forum Merry Christmas and Happy 2009!!