PDA

View Full Version : Abused Tokay updates

thehotchik1000
12-26-2008, 01:02 AM
Hi everyone it's been a year since i received this guy from Swannee's Exotics online. I got 3 of them initially and 1 ended up passing away from the emaciation. The two that have survived have come such a long way that i wanted everyone to see. enjoy the pics!! Warning....first few pics are disturbing for me to see and i went through this.

MiCh@3L
12-26-2008, 04:45 AM
You are already keeping those guys for one year?
It`s a miracle that two are still alive.
Did you ever make a check up of excrements?
I bet they are full of internal parasites.

thehotchik1000
12-26-2008, 12:54 PM
You are already keeping those guys for one year?
It`s a miracle that two are still alive.
Did you ever make a check up of excrements?
I bet they are full of internal parasites.

HI when i initailly received them we did a full work up of their feces.my vet only found one parasite egg in one of them . though we treated all of them for parasites just in case. The 2 that survived are male and female and one day theyll make great parents. The update picture is of the male. She likes to hide alot and she decided she didnt want her pic taken when i was in there. These two are true miracles . I remember the trip to the vet quite well i cried the whole time. My vet siad they wouldnt make it and I tube fed all of them for months to get them to eat on their own. The day the one died was so sad because he was just so far gone when i received them and held on for so long that he just let go. But these guys held on and did it and now they are recovered. Im glad that i was the one who received them because i gave them a chance.

thanks for loking.

morgan

Saille
12-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Oh my Gods above. I am so glad those Tokays got lucky enough to come to you for a second chance! The most disturbing thing is, the place you got them from is I believe, in my State not too far from where I live.:-x
That said, I am dismayed that anybody could treat an animal let alone sell an animal in the condition you received those poor Tokays.
Thank Goodness for people like you! You've done an amazing job with them both and I wish you all the best luck with them for their continued recovery and good health!

MiCh@3L
12-27-2008, 03:43 AM
Morgan,

I didn`t know you took them to a vet when you received them. That also would be my first way. Now when I know more about your intensive care, i have to salute to you.
I was shocked when I saw those pictures.

Good luck for the future.

Michael

thehotchik1000
12-28-2008, 02:41 AM
If u live in Washington you live by swannees exotics!! I was told by the guy that they were in perfect health when I received them I had a emergency vet appt within an hr. I don't and will never recomend SWANNEES EXOTICS to neone. I enjoy everyday I have with these 2 and I even planted an orchid in their tank in memory of their partner that didn't make it. Happy holidays everyone!

holocaustto
05-23-2009, 08:27 PM
Sorry to re-open an old post, but it has a lot to do with what Im tryng nowdays.
Im working with a pair of Geckos that were exactly in the same conditions.
If you could give me some tips, it would be very helpfull. For example, how did you force feed them? What? How often?