PDA

View Full Version : Sexing gekko ulikovskii

SamanthaJane13
02-23-2009, 10:02 PM
I have two golden geckos, and neither if them have the characteristic crestie "bulge" which I'm used to seeing on my rhacs.

How do I go about sexing these guys??? I have two right now, but I've had 4 all together, and never saw anything that would indicate that any were male.

The pair I have right now are too skittish to try to loupe sex.

If anyone has a suggestion, I'd appreciate it.

TIA

BlakeDeffenbaugh
02-24-2009, 12:04 PM
If you look threw this section of the forum you'll find your answer. Its been covered several times with pictures you can look at too. Dont take this as me being rude or anything just letting you know that its been covered and you can find the information down there.

SamanthaJane13
02-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Thank you for moving this to the appropriate section. I didn't spot it until after I'd posted.

And I did try the search function. I just didn't find any info.

Kindly cut a noob a break.

Riverside Reptiles
02-24-2009, 04:11 PM
Thank you for moving this to the appropriate section. I didn't spot it until after I'd posted.

And I did try the search function. I just didn't find any info.

Kindly cut a noob a break.

No breaks cut for laziness around here! :nana: Dig through the old posts. You might have to go through a few pages, but the info that you seek is there. ;-)

SamanthaJane13
02-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Yup-I have been looking through the old posts, and got a TON of info.

It wasn't laziness...

When I used the search, nothing relevant came up. Of course I wasn't logged in, either. I'm sure that would have helped!!!

But anywho-that's why I posted the question in Noob Central.

Didn't mean to get anyone's panties in a bunch.

Riverside Reptiles
02-24-2009, 11:03 PM
No bunchy panties around here. I much prefer boxers. Actually, those boxer/brief kinda things. They don't tend to bunch much. But we're digressing. You'll learn a lot more digging through old posts on your own than if someone just answers every question for you. If you've done the dig and still not come up with the answer, ask again. But at least, like you said, you'll have "got a TON of info" in the process. Posting some pics of the ventral area of both of them would be helpful as well.

SamanthaJane13
02-25-2009, 01:18 PM
I found GREAT ventral pics, so now it's just a matter of getting mine calm enough to compare them to the pictures.

I'm also going to try to get some scanner pics of mine, as I've found that they're probably better than most of the close-ups I get with my camera.

The first two goldens I had were VERY docile and hand-tame.

The pair I have right now are so skittish that I'm afraid I'll hurt them just trying to pick them up. I'm going to try gloves with them.

I'd hate to have them drop their tails just to find their gender-or worse-have them escape from my grasp and have only of my dogs or cats get them. My one male cat removed the tails from my previous goldens, and thinks that gecko tails are just about the best cat treat in the world.

As soon as I've been able to compare Skipper and Little Bob to the pictures I've found here-or get a scanner shot, I'll post them here and you can let me know what YOU all think.

And as for panties-I'm a bikini girl myself... :)

Thanks

BlakeDeffenbaugh
02-26-2009, 12:47 PM
And as for panties-I'm a bikini girl myself... :)

Prove it hahaha.

If you cant figure it out try to get good pictures of their vents and post them. Then we can try to help sex them. As long as they are adults they will be easy to sex, young ones are a little harder. I can sex Tokay at about a month but these guys dont seem to have as pronounced pores in my opinion till they get a little older.

SamanthaJane13
02-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Hanes Her Way bikinis-size 6...that's all you're getting. I'm a bit too long in the tooth to post my butt online...:yikes:

As soon as I get my camera back, I'll get some shots. Right now it's at my daughter's college...she left in her locker.

Maybe when she wakes up, we'll try to scan them.

Thanks a bunch!