PDA

View Full Version : Refresh refresh refresh! I hate that button ;-)

Ken Bartenfeld
02-26-2009, 11:09 PM
I have to always hit the refresh button to see new post. No matter what. Even if it's Pm's I have to select "Private Messages" then I go to that section...shows my previous message as new still even though I've read it already, so then I have to hit refresh to see the new message. This happens with every forum, ever sub forum...EVERYTHING. I emailed Marty and no response back...any ideas? It's just annoying because even with the random classified ads at the top (which I liked when it was new classifieds MUCH BETTER!) I have to hit refresh to see news ones...it's not random.

Thanks so much if someone can shine some light on this!

sciteacher
02-27-2009, 07:04 AM
It must be something with your personal settings on your computer, as I've never had the same problems you're describing. Other than that I do agree that I liked the newest classifieds at the top much better than the random ones.

Gary Hamann
Ridge and Valley Reptiles

zohariels
02-27-2009, 10:06 AM
Hello, looks like it must be your computer. No problems here, I'd actually probably have to search to find the refresh button:biggrin:

Riverside Reptiles
02-27-2009, 10:45 AM
I'm not having any issues like that either. Check your settings on your browser. Although I was originally for having random classifieds at the top, I think now that we've tried it, I agree that it was better having the newest stuff listed there.

Ken Bartenfeld
02-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Anyone know what to look for in the settings menu? I just want it fixed! ;-) I didn't have the problem with a friends computer either...so obviously it's this laptop!

Hilde
02-27-2009, 03:17 PM
I don't know which browser you have, but in Opera, I make sure to that I use the "Check if cached page is updated on the server" option.
In other browsers, you'll probably find the option under Cache or History. Pick whatever says to check everytime. Without that, it will probably just give you the cached page which could be days old.

Ken Bartenfeld
03-03-2009, 12:09 AM
I'm using Firefox...it's so annoying for me I am thinking of just changing browsers if this is the case. It's very time consuming hitting refresh time and time again.

Ken Bartenfeld
03-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Figured it out, had to switch because it kept cache'ing the forums main menu and all of it. So every time I would go to a page it would save the last page, then I would refresh to see the new page. But IE doesn't do that. Firefox does it to speed up the loading time of pages, but with this forum...for some reason it works different. Doesn't do it with kingsnake.com or any other forums?