PDA

View Full Version : Leopard Gecko not eating and has a lump

ljbacel
04-28-2009, 05:47 PM
First hi everyone I am new here and sorry to say my first post I am asking for help. I have scoured the web looking for an answer to this question and can not find anything. First off my male by the name of Zeke will be 3 next month. I had attempted to breed him with my females, nothing accured apparently starting to think he might be a cool male. He has not been eating well since then a month ago. I think he has stopped eating totally now. He has developed a bump in his ear hole. It looks as though it is coming from the top of the inside of his ear, the bump looks like a bulb I do not know what to do he seems fine other than this does anyone know what this could be? Both of my females are larger then him is it possible they may of injured him? Worried and confused

acpart
04-28-2009, 10:57 PM
There's a good chance that he has an infection and he really needs to see the vet who may prescribe antibiotics and may need to drain the infection. I'm not a vet so I don't know for sure. He is probably not eating because he doesn't feel well and the infection may also spread to his mouth or his eye.

Aliza

ljbacel
04-29-2009, 08:16 AM
Thank you I have an appointment today with a local breeder who I trust dearly. He is going to see what it looks like he will set me up with a vet if needed. I appreciate the advice. The main reason for me taking him to the breeder first is to get a good connection with a vet. He is going to call the vet and let him know what he thinks is going on and get me set with him so I start out on the right foot with him. Plus so I know that my little Zeke will be give the appropriate treatment. I guess I just worry when dealing with him. I do not know what vet in my area I can trust been told several but Carl will make sure he gets the right one and appropriate care. Once again thank you for your help.

Lori

Kayleigh
04-29-2009, 10:57 PM
Hello. My name is Kayleigh. (:
I have a leopard Gecko as well, and he just currently stopped eating. Hes had a bump on the side of his lip for a few months now, but I haven't been sure about how serious it could be. Now that hes not eating, I'm really getting worried. Hes already getting too skinny, and the bump doesn't look good. I plan on making an appointment as soon as possible, but I was just wondering what kinda of results you got from the vet.

Thank you.

ljbacel
04-30-2009, 06:39 PM
Well unfortunately this vet is in extreme demand and I can't get Zeke in till Tues. But I bought some Chicken baby food and have been putting some on the end of a plastic spoon handle and after I had put some on his nose and he licked it off he loves it. I just dip the end of the handle into the baby food and he licks it off. I am using Gerber baby food it has no preservatives in it so nothing will harm him. Just chicken and cornstarch is all that is in it. He seems to like it and he looks better to me. Just hope that there isn't any serious damage. My son called for me and made the apt. I told him that it appears that he has an ear infection and told him how it looked apparently the vet doesn't seem to think it is serious enough to squeeze him in. I wish that I could give you more news. I will let you know when I take him what happens just wish it was sooner.

Lori