PDA

View Full Version : Help with Punnet Square

Palor
08-05-2009, 09:16 PM
I was wondering what a punnet square for some of the complex morph combos would look like. How does one set up a square for a pair like this

One Co-dom trait
Mack Snow Eclipse 100% het Raptor x Tangerine Enigma 100% het Raptor

Or for a pair with co-dom traits
Giant Mack Snow het Raptor x Giant Raptor.

The normal Dominate and recessive traits are easy to setup, but the Co-dom traits really lose me. I just need an example to see how it works and I will be very happy :yahoo:

Thanks for your help.

acpart
08-06-2009, 12:44 AM
I would imagine that with co-dom traits, you'd actually do it like you do recessive and dominant. However, with recessive and dominant "aA" would mean het for the recessive trait but not displaying it, for co-dom "aA" would mean that the simple form shows (e.g. regular Mack Snow) and "AA" would mean that the super form shows up. For something like enigma, "Aa" and "AA" would both mean enigma, since there doesn't seem to be any super form of an enigma. The "a", instead of representing a recessive trait, would represent "non-enigma" or "normal". I have thoughts about how to actually draw a complex punnet square but not the energy to figure out how to explain it. It may be time for google.

Aliza

Palor
08-06-2009, 01:29 AM
I got an answer that was awesome!

Thanks though :)

Riverside Reptiles
08-06-2009, 09:59 AM
You have to keep in mind as well that a morph like RAPTOR is made up of several different mutations, not all of which are recessive. So that 100% het. RAPTOR would need to be broken down into it's various traits as they're not all going to be passed along in the same way.