PDA

View Full Version : tokay sleep ? /

xxxtattoo
09-07-2009, 09:04 PM
so lets say i wanted my tokays awake during the day can i give them a dark room and put on lights for the night ...kinda just switch it to so they are awake at day and not night ...

what problems could accrue > ?

midget
09-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Their night and day cycles don't work like. When theres light they'll sleep/hide when its dark they'll be active.

xxxtattoo
09-07-2009, 09:41 PM
cool thanks midget .

holocaustto
09-08-2009, 12:28 AM
I think somehow they'll notice...

tokeh
09-23-2009, 08:32 AM
don't try to change there natural way of living.
if you want gekko's that you can see during the day buy day gekko's and not tokay.
every one who has informed him/her self in the tokay knows that they are verry shy and live during the night.:lol:
don't try to change a tokay.:-x
this is not a pesonal attack on you but please don't change there way they used to be.

Emilylovesherps
09-23-2009, 09:33 AM
We do it at the zoo, and many other people do it. If you do it right, it probably won't be an issue. How much are you home anyway? If you're home all day to enjoy, it makes sense. That's why we do it at the zoo-we have visitors only during the day. But if you're only home occassionally, why bother? Keep in mind that some animals won't adhere just to lighting to be visable. They will go based on how many eyes are on them as well.

xxxtattoo
09-23-2009, 10:04 AM
We do it at the zoo, and many other people do it. If you do it right, it probably won't be an issue. How much are you home anyway? If you're home all day to enjoy, it makes sense. That's why we do it at the zoo-we have visitors only during the day. But if you're only home occassionally, why bother? Keep in mind that some animals won't adhere just to lighting to be visable. They will go based on how many eyes are on them as well.

makes sense on the eyes watching them....my Tokay only come out wen they think no one is watching lol .
i appreciate all the comments and thoughts .
i have not tried to change there ways. dont want to .

tokeh
09-23-2009, 10:30 AM
our tokeh are the same,
sometimes when they are out during the day they will run at the moment they see us.
but also at night it's the same.
when we approch them verry quitly they stay where they are (if we are lucky)
they are just verry shy:lol:

xxxtattoo
09-23-2009, 10:47 AM
yup thats how it is :)

im looking forward to seeing your site in English ! cant wait
already looked at it but cant read it ha .

tokeh
09-23-2009, 11:59 AM
i know, i used a translate program but i have to correct a lot. i'm working on it.