PDA

View Full Version : Rock wall and hides cleanup question

MithrilRider
09-09-2009, 01:49 PM
I'm looking at building a rock wall and sketched out something I was pretty happy with. But then I wondered if having the hides built into it was a bad idea. They would be in the corners and I'm not sure if the geckos would poo in there. I'd rather not pull the entire wall out everyday to clean that up. I'm thinking I could make them removable, but still fit together with the rest of the wall. Would that be a good idea or is it ok to just go ahead and build in the hides?

NathanSoto
09-09-2009, 08:56 PM
I think anything that helps you and is good for your geckos is a good thing so i dont really see a problem with building them in.

jpstodwftexas
09-09-2009, 09:00 PM
I am sure someone will condem me for this but...

Having naturalistic Vivs with cleaner insects..I have never cleaned a tank other than to wipe the front glass once in awhile.

The insects take care of the pooper scooping for me

zack
09-09-2009, 09:29 PM

Having naturalistic Vivs with cleaner insects..I have never cleaned a tank other than to wipe the front glass once in awhile.

well i have read online that thats one of the best ways to go:biggrin: but i donot have lizerds that meet the needs for that:roll:

OffshoreMetal
09-09-2009, 10:10 PM

WHAT !!!! Whats their names ??? ( insects ) I am really curious about this :biggrin:

jpstodwftexas
09-09-2009, 11:09 PM
WHAT !!!! Whats their names ??? ( insects ) I am really curious about this :biggrin:

I use Rolly pollies, Springtails, Earthworms mainly.

Plus a good Spring Shower..ie Misting and a fogging once in awhile

jpstodwftexas
09-09-2009, 11:12 PM
well i have read online that thats one of the best ways to go:biggrin: but i donot have lizerds that meet the needs for that:roll:

What kind of lizard does not require some form of Naturalist enviroment?

I don't know of any that are found naturally in plastic containers with paper towels and artificial plants..

even the ones living around my house outside have some natural places to hide besides in the Mailbox

snave_relyt
09-10-2009, 03:43 AM
that is definately one way to go about it.