View Full Version : Transporting geckos from Hamm to Canada

11-04-2009, 04:29 PM
I really have no idea about exporting or importing.
I'd like to attend the Hamm show next year to bring some geckos back home to Canada, and was wondering if I had to fill out some paperwork for exporting or importing.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you.

11-04-2009, 04:42 PM
I think i have readed somewhere that some breeders from the USA dont export reptiles because of all the paperwork. But i dont know if it cost money , If you need a permit or anything else about exporting. Hope someone here can help you.

11-04-2009, 10:00 PM
If they are CITES protected species you will need a CITES permit from the country of export. You will have to check the rules and regulations of the country of export to see what, if anything, else you need.

11-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Do you know where to find info about getting a gecko home to the US from Hamm? Also how do you find out if the animal is a CITES animal or not? Its a Goniurosaurus Orientalis male that I want to get

Riverside Reptiles
11-27-2009, 03:58 PM
It's probably easiest for you to just get someone that's already set up for import/export to bring your animals back from Hamm for you. I know that glades herps will do it for a fee. I'm sure there's others as well. It's not cheap though.

12-09-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm in the process right now of importing four goniurosaurus from UK to US. I am told I do not need paperwork on my end. But the person sending the geckos says I need to pay transit insurance in the amount of the purchase price of the lot. He also says the shipper will reimburse 90% of the premium when the package arrives. Does this sound right?