PDA

View Full Version : Transporting geckos from Hamm to Canada

Lordoftheswarms
11-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Hey,
I really have no idea about exporting or importing.
I'd like to attend the Hamm show next year to bring some geckos back home to Canada, and was wondering if I had to fill out some paperwork for exporting or importing.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you.

OffshoreMetal
11-04-2009, 05:42 PM
I think i have readed somewhere that some breeders from the USA dont export reptiles because of all the paperwork. But i dont know if it cost money , If you need a permit or anything else about exporting. Hope someone here can help you.

kruler
11-04-2009, 11:00 PM
If they are CITES protected species you will need a CITES permit from the country of export. You will have to check the rules and regulations of the country of export to see what, if anything, else you need.

reptirus
11-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Do you know where to find info about getting a gecko home to the US from Hamm? Also how do you find out if the animal is a CITES animal or not? Its a Goniurosaurus Orientalis male that I want to get

Riverside Reptiles
11-27-2009, 04:58 PM
It's probably easiest for you to just get someone that's already set up for import/export to bring your animals back from Hamm for you. I know that glades herps will do it for a fee. I'm sure there's others as well. It's not cheap though.

PatrickS
12-09-2009, 12:58 PM
I'm in the process right now of importing four goniurosaurus from UK to US. I am told I do not need paperwork on my end. But the person sending the geckos says I need to pay transit insurance in the amount of the purchase price of the lot. He also says the shipper will reimburse 90% of the premium when the package arrives. Does this sound right?