PDA

View Full Version : gargoyle ecko eating problems

mattxmillen
01-07-2010, 11:39 PM
ok well seems that she does not want to eat every day or every other day

some time she will go 2 days or so with out eating and when i get her to eat

she has to have it right in front of her face at about a 45 degree angle and the

side of the food touching the bottom of her jaw. could it be that she does not

like the crested gecko diet anymore or could she be brumating. i dont know

much about the brumation of a gargoyle gecko so i wouldn't know if this is ok.

but she seems health and moves around and licks around when exploring my

arm or room.

i've tryed to get her to eat by her self by just putting her food in the cage but it seems like she cant find it

rhacoboy
01-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about this. I've never heard of a gecko starving itself, they'll eat when they want to.

Just make sure you always have CGD available for the gecko.

Good luck,
-Armen

mattxmillen
01-14-2010, 01:50 PM
Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about this. I've never heard of a gecko starving itself, they'll eat when they want to.

Just make sure you always have CGD available for the gecko.

Good luck,
-Armen

lol i have a crap load of it i stocked up with about 2 or 3 thing of cgd (shes good for the next year almost) . i usually take her out and feed her would it be better to just sit the cgd in the cage and try that for 2 or 3 days.

thank you thought i was so up set about this u made me relax a little i would stay up to like 3 am trying to feed her. if anything it more of the place a got her from that could be the reason she may have bad health before i got her she was in a cage with a crested gecko and was only getting crickets with calcuim and that was in

rx7master
01-19-2010, 11:10 AM
mine is the same way, i left some cgd in the cage at all times. I gave her a month to eat by herself. she lost some bulk because she never ate, so i started spoon feeding her every other day. she gained all her weight back and then some. the breeder where i purchased her said she has only been offered the repashy diet since she hatched. I really dont know what the deal is. I guess her new surroundings made her un-familiar with where her food is located. thats the only thing i can think of.

mattxmillen
01-20-2010, 09:26 PM
mine is the same way, i left some cgd in the cage at all times. I gave her a month to eat by herself. she lost some bulk because she never ate, so i started spoon feeding her every other day. she gained all her weight back and then some. the breeder where i purchased her said she has only been offered the repashy diet since she hatched. I really dont know what the deal is. I guess her new surroundings made her un-familiar with where her food is located. thats the only thing i can think of.

i would say its being in a new place but shes been here for almost 2 months

rx7master
01-21-2010, 10:51 AM
i would say its being in a new place but shes been here for almost 2 months

mine has been with me for 6 months and she still doesnt eat without being hand/spoon fed. i like feeding her that way because it forms trust, and she doesnt mind handling. it just isnt always convenient because it can be a little time consuming when I am busy.

*ZERO*
01-23-2010, 01:20 PM
what are the temps like 24 hours a day?

rx7master
01-23-2010, 05:15 PM
i just had an idea. i just got my first pouch of repashy cgd in the mail, and it had a note from pangea that the ingredients had been changed somewhat recently. i had been using the stuff from petco in the small bottles (older formula). i just fed the new stuff to my geckos (by hand) and they seemed to go for it alot more inthusiastically. maybe the breeders we got ours from were using the new formula and we were offering the old or vice-versa. anyone know how long the newer mixture has been available?