PDA

View Full Version : Gekko petricolus pair

cliff_f
01-19-2010, 09:20 PM
I thought I would share a few pictures of the Gekko petricolus pair I have, enjoy!

Male. His colors are not as nice as they usually are. He is a little stressed from being taken out of the cage and chased around the reptile room a few times.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/cliff_f/Gekko%20petricolus/011910MaleGpetricolus.jpg
Female
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/cliff_f/Gekko%20petricolus/011910FemaleGpetricolus.jpg

holocaustto
01-20-2010, 01:03 AM
Cliff let me say they are absolutely gorgeous!!
COngratulations! BEAUTIFUL animals

Ingo
01-20-2010, 03:11 AM
I envy you. I am looking for a male since quite some time and all I get is females.

Best

Ingo

Riverside Reptiles
01-20-2010, 12:12 PM
Very nice Cliff. Had any breeding from these guys?

DDReptiles
01-20-2010, 12:16 PM
They look great Cliff :D

Aquira
01-20-2010, 05:23 PM
While I don't know much about these guys, they are gorgeous! :D

cliff_f
01-20-2010, 06:34 PM
I was pretty lucky to get this pair. I have been wanting a pair of these for quite a while now. I have got one egg from them so far, not sure if it is fertile I really have not looked at it to check. Hopefully I get lots of breeding this year from the pair.

Gongylus
01-21-2010, 02:53 AM
I`m breeding this Species since more than 15 years.
You can get between 12 and 20 eggs from one female the year.
The Problem is i breed much!!! more females than males.
Sometimes i had 10 young females and no male:sad:
I checked the Temperatures in nature but have no idear whats wrong.
If i get some males then mostly true the winter season (little colder)

sorry for my bad english:)

cliff_f
01-21-2010, 01:13 PM
I`m breeding this Species since more than 15 years.
You can get between 12 and 20 eggs from one female the year.
The Problem is i breed much!!! more females than males.
Sometimes i had 10 young females and no male:sad:
I checked the Temperatures in nature but have no idear whats wrong.
If i get some males then mostly true the winter season (little colder)

sorry for my bad english:)

I can make out what you are saying, your English is not to bad. So you think if they incubate a little cooler there will be more males? What is the normal incubation time for these eggs?

Gongylus
01-21-2010, 03:30 PM
Normaly they need from 70 to 80 days.
In nature they stop laying eggs in beginnig of oktober (its the beginnig of dry and colder season)
I dont know exactly when they start again, cause i ve been there 4 times only inbetween the month from Oktober( little last rain ) until early Januar(very,very dry!!!)
But this southern part of Isan is not (!) so cold like 200 or 300 Km northwards where you have often 8 or 12 C at Nighttime in that season.

Here in Germany they stop breeding only for 2 - 3 Month (depends on how hard the winter is) Normaly around Dez. / Jan.

I measured temperature day maximum of 31,2 C and minimum 20,7 C at nighttime in November (at Kaeng Thana NP /Ubon Province NE Thailand)
Humidity 58 % (day ) to 90% at night.
That is close to what they get in my Home in wintertime.

Ophidiophile
01-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Beautiful Cliff! There was a pair advertised recently that I almost picked up but didn't. Now seeing how beautiful yours are, I'm kicking myself :lol: Enjoy them!

cliff_f
01-22-2010, 02:03 PM
Beautiful Cliff! There was a pair advertised recently that I almost picked up but didn't. Now seeing how beautiful yours are, I'm kicking myself :lol: Enjoy them!

There are very few pairs in the US that I know of, you should of got them. I be leave this is the pair that you saw advertised. I just got these not to long ago. I only know of a few pairs in the US so I snagged these up.

Gongylus
02-21-2010, 06:34 AM
yesterday i took this photo of a hatching Gekko petricolus.
We had a very very cold winter in Germany - so i hope to get
a lot of males . In the Moment i still have 12 subadult females:cry:

Riverside Reptiles
02-21-2010, 12:17 PM
Great picture!!! Congrats and good luck on getting some males :)