PDA

View Full Version : tokay gecko.

prodigy
03-11-2010, 09:11 AM
hallo iam about to buy a tokay gecko and i want to ask some questions..the normal morphs are always as beautiful as the pictures?or starting darker and as they became older took their colours?and which is the best way to heat my terra?

Jmeyer
03-11-2010, 10:01 AM
With the normal morphs they start out that nice. the only they really change into and dark color is when they are stressed out or getting into a territorial scuffle. So as long as you provide the right living requirements they will show their nice blue and orange spots all the time. My suggestion for heating would just be a heat lamp above the screen lid. Although nocturnal tokays will bask under the heat. Hope that helps!!

prodigy
03-11-2010, 10:22 AM
thank you my friend...i have blactica dubia big colony and one with crickets..i hope i am ok with the food section...and whats the price about a normal one?because i dont want to pay too much...

holocaustto
03-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Though you have to consider that some are darker than others. Some have red spots, some organge. Sime are more like grey/green and other blue/light blue.

The food you have is excelent.
I would go for a CB, it will cost more than the WC, but is the best choice.

prodigy
03-11-2010, 11:48 AM
i am thinking only about buying a cb...but i want one with colours like the one in this site calendar...the one in the picture

holocaustto
03-11-2010, 02:30 PM
i am thinking only about buying a cb...but i want one with colours like the one in this site calendar...the one in the picture

Light blue with orange spots... ;-)
It's not hard to find, most of them look like that.

Jmeyer
03-12-2010, 02:18 AM
theres someone in the classifieds who has captive bred babies. And on kingsnake there are always ads coming up with captive bred babies. Not too hard to find. Great species to keep!! Very entertaining i must say

thehotchik1000
03-14-2010, 03:44 AM
Hi,
Ive been breeding the tokays for 5 years now and I love them. Generally a cb normal is $75.00. Plus whatever shipping costs. You can get wc for cheap but the experience Ive had with them is genearally your going to spend more $ medicating and treating for parasites or any infections that they get through importation. Not to mention some wc's just dont adapt well to captivity and are tempermental with eating. So it is much better to just go Cb. Plus its one less import being taken out of its wild home. Generally they are the light blue with red or orange spotting, they will get darker or lighter depending on mood or time of day. Also mine will be darker during the day time to attract the heat. The heating I use is a Sunglo bulb and also a ceramic heat emmiter. But depending on where you live you might have to adjust how many heating things you use. Your food is great although I throw some mealies, superworms, and a pinkie in there for variety. They arent too picky as long as it moves they are happy to eat it. Well I hope this helps you out.

Morgan Weiss

dbeando
03-14-2010, 11:41 AM
i would go to a reptile show and fine a calico