PDA

View Full Version : Pros and Cons of Screen Cages

kuntazzo
03-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Hi everyone, i was really wondering which are pros and cons of screen cages for tokays (or, even better, gekko smithii)
thanks ;)

thehotchik1000
03-15-2010, 01:46 AM
I dont use them bc they dont hold humidity plus bc I live in a cooler region (Vermont) I dont like putting the heat lamps on them. They are cheaper though.

Ingo
03-15-2010, 02:45 AM
Screen is everything but a preferred surface for tokays to climb on. Thus, I do not recommend them at all for keeping tokays.

Best

Ingo

holocaustto
03-15-2010, 12:50 PM
Screen is everything but a preferred surface for tokays to climb on. Thus, I do not recommend them at all for keeping tokays.

Best

Ingo

What would you recommend for tokays?

thehotchik1000
03-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Ingos correct. Smooth surfaces work best. Glass works perfectly for me. I've seen people use the acrylic or plexiglass or the plasticy looking surface. I can't remember what it's called.

Ingo
03-16-2010, 02:46 AM
Everything with solid surfaces works well. Glass is fine, but being visible from all sides is a cause of stress for the tokays. Thus, in a glass enclosure, three sides should be made non transparent. The easiest way to accomplish this is to cover them with dark paper form the outside. Fake rock or bark backwalls however do look much nicer.

best

Ingo