PDA

View Full Version : what type? how many

greece
12-20-2010, 11:43 AM
I am looking at getting geckos. how many can u put in 10 gal tank safely and for their health. can I mix a pictus gecko with a gecko with a sreipe down its back?

my cell will not allow me to attach a pic of the striped gecko.

thorrshamri
12-30-2010, 08:32 PM
Avoid mixing species, especially from different countries/origins. They should be housed in pairs of the same species, or trios if the species is not too aggressive. There are plenty of care sheets and threads to give you the best choice on this forum, just browse the threads ;)

Anyway 10 gallons is quite small and large species will not live happily inside such a small enclosure. is it a vertically-oriented or horizontal one?

gecko attack!
01-17-2011, 11:57 PM
never house to different species together, you cold keep 2 house geckos in that just make sure its a male and female match up to avoid fights

Elizabeth Freer
01-18-2011, 07:50 AM
never house to different species together, you cold keep 2 house geckos in that just make sure its a male and female match up to avoid fights

gecko attack!

What do you mean by "house" geckos? Please post a picture on GU!

Elizabeth Freer
01-18-2011, 07:52 AM
I am looking at getting geckos. how many can u put in 10 gal tank safely and for their health. can I mix a pictus gecko with a gecko with a sreipe down its back?

my cell will not allow me to attach a pic of the striped gecko.

Always keep different species separate. Even then, NEVER house 2 males together!!!

gecko attack!
01-18-2011, 07:31 PM
gecko attack!

What do you mean by "house" geckos? Please post a picture on GU!

i mean they could get some house geckos insted, because those to other geckos suggested are to big to have to living in one 10 gallon tank thats all i ment, and my computer sucks and wont let me post pictures:sad:

thorrshamri
01-18-2011, 08:01 PM
The latin/scientific name of the "house gecko" would help...is it a Cosymbotus? Some kind of Hemidactylus (mabouia, turcicus, frenatus...)? A Tarentola? Any idea on its country of origin? More precise details on its size, pattern, color, morphology, scales?

Elizabeth Freer
01-19-2011, 02:48 AM
gecko attack!

What I meant was what thorrshamri asked. What specific kind of house geckos were you referring to?