PDA

View Full Version : Cites permit

Afraser
04-05-2011, 04:14 AM
Hi All,

Please could anyone help me with a sample of the original CITES PERMIT documents.I'm very interested in purchasing a pair of Varanus Spenceri from Europe and i'm not sure of the CITE document i have been provided,any help will be appreciated.Thanks.

hexentanz
04-05-2011, 05:13 AM
Google (http://www.google.com) is a great tool! :biggrin:

http://www.cites.org/eng/res/12/E12-03R14A2.pdf

Afraser
04-07-2011, 06:16 AM
It's not even the least same with what i have been provided.I'm forced to think its a scam so please anymore help and samples of CITES Permit will be appreciated.Please i need more copies of CITES Permit.Thanks:)

hexentanz
04-07-2011, 06:24 AM
It's not even the least same with what i have been provided.I'm forced to think its a scam so please anymore help and samples of CITES Permit will be appreciated.Please i need more copies of CITES Permit.Thanks:)

I'm sorry, but what is so hard about googling for other ones? Would go a lot faster than waiting for forum answers.

pumilio123
10-27-2011, 07:21 PM

Are you talking about S.P. ? Best is to visit some monitor forums and ask there for people who buyed already from him species which need CITES docs.
I know of one case where a guy from Germany buyed spenceris from him which were confiscated by the authorities here because the papers werent correct. So be carefull !

Afraser
10-31-2011, 07:07 AM
pumilio123,Pls help me if you can and send me a copy,even if its a used one,i just need to be sure its the real copy.Thnaks

pumilio123
10-31-2011, 07:11 AM
You need an example from a CITES copy from England, they are not the same in all countries

Riverside Reptiles
10-31-2011, 01:08 PM
I don't think you're going to find too many people willing to send you copies of their cities permits. Too much risk involved in having them copied and forged for attempted smuggling and or fraud. I'm certain that nobody here would want to be involved in anything like that. As mentioned above, your best bet is probably to use google to find images of what the cities permits in your country look like. Good luck.
Also, you might want to try cites.org. I'm sure they could verify for you whether the seller has a legitimate permit or not.

Afraser
11-01-2011, 05:28 AM
CITES from England.

colinmelsom
11-01-2011, 09:37 AM
You are probably best contacting C.I.T.E.S./DEFFRA in Bristol.I have found them helpful in the past.
As far as I am aware the paperwork differs slightly from country to country.The biggest difference to my knowledge is that they have photos with the German paperwork whereas we are asked to microchip our animals to prove that the animals are what they are supposed to be.

Graham_s
11-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Give CITES a phone call, they have always been very helpful with my enquiries.