PDA

View Full Version : Android app developers???

Riverside Reptiles
04-12-2011, 10:21 PM
I'm curious if we have any members with experience developing Android apps (either as a hobby or a professional). If so, please PM me as I have some questions and would like to pick your brain!
Thanks,
Ethan

Riverside Reptiles
04-17-2011, 06:27 PM
Anyone???

JIGSAW818
07-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Imagine a geckos unlimited app... amazing.

Riverside Reptiles
07-15-2011, 01:00 PM
Imagine a geckos unlimited app... amazing.

That's what I would like to do. But need someone that's capable of developing android apps.

JIGSAW818
07-16-2011, 01:10 PM
That's what I would like to do. But need someone that's capable of developing android apps.

Lol No love for the iphone users :)

I knew a guy but he is long gone and no longer is associated with me sorry :/

Dr.Danco1
08-28-2011, 06:38 AM
I would use a geckos unlimited app

Gecko Wacko
09-25-2011, 04:53 PM
An app for Android would be great... I can't program sorry, but I heard that tapatalk could be a solution...

Kees

Riverside Reptiles
09-25-2011, 05:32 PM
An app for Android would be great... I can't program sorry, but I heard that tapatalk could be a solution...

Kees

Yes, this site's already tapatalk friendly. I'm not wanting an android app that simply replicates the page. I want it to do specific gecko related things (database, etc).

wayne89
09-26-2011, 03:51 PM
i would like it to be more stream line i do most of my browsing on my phone and its slow and lags cause its constantly re-sizing the page. and for some reason search dos not work on my droid i have an lg vortex ( any one have this problem)

Riverside Reptiles
09-26-2011, 08:05 PM
i would like it to be more stream line i do most of my browsing on my phone and its slow and lags cause its constantly re-sizing the page. and for some reason search dos not work on my droid i have an lg vortex ( any one have this problem)

have you tried tapatalk?

wayne89
09-27-2011, 09:56 AM
have you tried tapatalk?

No never heard of it illtry. That now

nater
10-17-2011, 05:21 AM
I'll be doing an android app starting in a month or so.. depending on how long it takes me to finish up a big website I'm working on. I've poked around a bit and made a few simple apps to run in the emulator. If your questions are really simple I should be able to answer now, otherwise I could probably answer them a ways off in the future.

Riverside Reptiles
10-17-2011, 02:25 PM
I'll be doing an android app starting in a month or so.. depending on how long it takes me to finish up a big website I'm working on. I've poked around a bit and made a few simple apps to run in the emulator. If your questions are really simple I should be able to answer now, otherwise I could probably answer them a ways off in the future.

THanks, I'm looking for someone to actually help make an app, not just answer a few quick questions. But your response is appreciated though.

Eichen
12-20-2011, 08:24 PM
I'd be willing to partner with someone on a gecko app, especially if you have something useful in mind (Zoo Med's is very cool for their products and has care sheets, but I think something better than that could be made with the right ideas).
Since I'm using a particular development tool, apps would be available in both iPhone/iPad/Android formats, with proper licensing through Apple & Google of course.

Hit me up on PM and we can talk ideas, Ethan.

EckoTheGecko2012
02-16-2012, 04:56 AM
so you think they will be an app co out for the iphone? if so when?

Riverside Reptiles
02-16-2012, 12:59 PM
I haven't really had much luck with getting anyone to help develop anything. So, I wouldn't hold my breath for anything in the near future. I'd still love to make something happen though. So, ya never know.

Riverside Reptiles
03-09-2012, 12:09 PM
I'm still looking for someone to help do this project. I see more and more herp apps popping up. I'd love to see GU be on the cutting edge of this and produce something that could really be a useful tool to the herp community.

Dexter
03-22-2012, 04:03 PM
I develop android applications, I currently own 4 android devices.

jbrown5217
04-10-2012, 03:47 AM
While I don't personally develop android applications I do know a couple people I could refer you to who may know how to develop them. One I know is doing mobile app development currently and the other is just brilliant when it comes to programming.

I know how to program in a few languages (most notable is Java which is what is used for android dev) and I would be willing to work with you to develop something. It might just take me a bit longer to learn some of the finer touches because I haven't used the android sdk at all.

Also I should mention, one of them may charge cash, I know he does freelance work on the side, the other I am not so sure.

timofail
04-11-2012, 10:36 AM
hey there champ,
i develope android apps and nokia apps, if you want help at all.. pm me :)

Banshee
05-15-2012, 09:54 AM
Is there a chance that GU is going to be made available via tapatalk2 at anytime in the near future. i would love to have that be part of my apps lineup! It helps with login times, etc!
Christine

Riverside Reptiles
05-15-2012, 12:05 PM
Is there a chance that GU is going to be made available via tapatalk2 at anytime in the near future. i would love to have that be part of my apps lineup! It helps with login times, etc!
Christine

Christine, I know that GU is already available via tapatalk. I don't know what, if anything, needs to be done to make it available for tapatalk2. I can check with Marty though. He deals with all of those sorts of things.

SenoraPantalones
05-16-2012, 04:14 PM
I know this post is old, but are you still looking? I may be able to help you. Without giving my true identity, I may have access to a very large community of Android developers.
Cheers

Riverside Reptiles
05-16-2012, 10:23 PM
I know this post is old, but are you still looking? I may be able to help you. Without giving my true identity, I may have access to a very large community of Android developers.
Cheers

Your true identity??? Are you a super hero??? ;-)
Wonder Woman? :lol:

Yes, I'd love to have someone help us develop a really nice Android app to go along with our site. Something our community could really benefit from. Feel free to PM me if you have some ideas. :idea:

Banshee
05-17-2012, 08:24 PM
It now shows up on tapatalk2!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Zippy179
07-21-2012, 09:40 PM
I might be able to help. PM me for more info.

McToomy
09-11-2012, 08:45 AM
I'd love to get involved with this, although my experience is only with Android/Java and not iPhone/Objective C. PM me and let me know what you're thinking and if/when you'd like to progress. If this is already underway i wouldnt mind doing a collaboration.

bud1988
09-18-2012, 09:13 AM

I would really like to see a "mobil friendly" version of GU or an App for Android

Riverside Reptiles
09-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Bud, Geckos Unlimited is Tapatalk enabled (Tapatalk Forum App - Empowering Forum Junkies on-the-go (http://www.tapatalk.com/)).

SenoraPantalones
10-31-2012, 01:56 AM
Well, i asked around, and no one has any free time to volunteer towards this project. Sorry guys.