PDA

View Full Version : Red Eyed Tree Frog Painting Progression

Yoshi'smom
11-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Here's the piece I started today. I got the drawing transferred onto watercolor coldpress paper and laid out a primary underpainting. My plans are to do an additional layer of watercolor to bump up some color and add some more definition, and then go over top with a detail layer of acrylic paint. After all the paint is on, my plan is to scan it into my computer and fine tune any areas with Photoshop.
I also plan to update this thread as I keep working on this one, so keep your eye's peeled for updates.
Here's what I got done today:
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l484/Kelly_Lisieski/Herp%20art/DSCI0989.jpg

You'll have to excuse the poor photo quality. I'm trying to get my scanner back up and running so that I can get better digital copies for my own portfolio. The camera completely washes out these colors. They are much more vivid.

Yoshi'smom
12-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Well, It's been a bit since I've worked on this but I got a little tipsy last night and worked on it some more. Still have a ways to go on it, but I figured I'd update the thread here with the progress I made last night.
I basically worked on the tree branch he's sitting on but I also added some darker washes to the froggie himself.
Again, sorry for the poor picture quality.... And It seems that the picture may be too big and is automatically flipped the wrong way. Sorry 'bout that...
Enjoy!
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l484/Kelly_Lisieski/Herp%20art/DSCI1033.jpg

Hannibal
12-18-2011, 12:19 AM
It's looking really good!
I'll start working on mine maybe next week. I got a nice gash on my forehead last week & it's kinda prevented me from getting started; I had gotten all my stuff out of the spare closet so it's all set up ready for me to concentrate on it.

Yoshi'smom
12-18-2011, 08:56 AM
What did you do to yourself to get a big boo-boo on your head?! Also I'm going to PM you soon about Atreyu. :D

Hannibal
12-18-2011, 11:07 AM
I was getting out of my car at work & for no reason at all the door flung back at me....at least a coworker is an RN and 4 of the 12 floors of our office building are medical. It itches really really bad, but that means it's a healing

Yoshi'smom
12-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Oh my goodness!!! You poor girl!! Feel better and get painting soon!! :)

ewin9615
05-05-2012, 03:50 PM
This is looking AMAZING so far! Can't wait to see it done!

morla
08-31-2012, 11:50 PM
Wow! Thats good!