PDA

View Full Version : Addition of new moderator!!!

Riverside Reptiles
02-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Today we have added Mr. Herve Saint Dizier (thorrshamri) to our community of moderators! He is a long time senior member of Geckos Unlimited and likely needs no introduction to most around here. He has a great depth of knowledge with many species of geckos. He also speaks multiple languages and should be a big help in our continued effort to make GU not just the best gecko forum on the web, but also the most welcoming and diverse community for geckophiles world wide! Welcome aboard Herve! :banana:

So, for those that are new around here, let me run down the current list of moderation staff here at GU these days:

-Marty (username: Marty) = Fearless Leader/Owner/Admin
-Ethan (username Riverside Reptiles) = Admin
-Matjaz (username: Mat.si) = Mod
-Hilde (username: Hilde) = Mod
-Graham (username: Graham_s) = Mod
-Elizabeth (username: Elizabeth Freer) = Mod
-Herve (username: thorrshamri) = Mod

Please help us help you by letting us know if you encounter problems or issues on the forums

Elizabeth Freer
02-20-2012, 05:40 PM
There's no turning back now :biggrin:!

thorrshamri
02-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Thanks a lot for your trust guys, I will do my best to help GU and members. I am happy to be the first French moderator on GU! :biggrin:

Harley_Davidson
02-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Congratulations Herve! I have personally experienced your wealth of knowledge so am excited to know you are now a moderator.

thorrshamri
02-23-2012, 12:40 PM

Yoshi'smom
02-23-2012, 07:16 PM
YAY! Good to have another wonderful Mod! You guys rock! :)

Marty
02-23-2012, 09:06 PM
Welcome Harve, nice of you to help us out. Now I know where to stay if I go to France, heheh

thorrshamri
02-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Thanks guys, again I feel honored to have been chosen.

Marty: actually my first name is Hervé, and I have had hard times trying to make Americans or English people pronounce it properly- no "h" sound, then much like "air-vey", without the "i/y" sound at the end. You will have to train before I can offer you my sofa :lol:

The right pronounciation of my name - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLhjlPIHHmY) You can hear me pronounce my full name here ;) :biggrin:

Riverside Reptiles
02-23-2012, 10:17 PM
l here in America we call you her-VEE !

thorrshamri
02-23-2012, 10:20 PM
Just like most Frenchies would call you é-tann :lol:

Elizabeth Freer
02-24-2012, 01:13 AM
Thanks guys, again I feel honored to have been chosen.

Marty: actually my first name is Hervé, and I have had hard times trying to make Americans or English people pronounce it properly- no "h" sound, then much like "air-vey", without the "i/y" sound at the end. You will have to train before I can offer you my sofa :lol:

The right pronounciation of my name - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLhjlPIHHmY) You can hear me pronounce my full name here ;) :biggrin:

Nothing came through on this You Tube video :-(

thorrshamri
02-24-2012, 01:16 AM
I have posted the same video to my FB wall ;) Can you usually watch Youtube videos? You may need a flash player plug-in or update ;)

Elizabeth Freer
02-24-2012, 01:18 AM
I have posted the same video to my FB wall ;) Can you usually watch Youtube videos? You may need a flash player plug-in or update ;)

I have not had any current difficulty watching other YouTube videos.

Harley_Davidson
02-24-2012, 01:20 AM
Liz its only audio. Check that your volume is up and not muted :)

Elizabeth Freer
02-24-2012, 01:32 AM
Liz its only audio. Check that your volume is up and not muted :)

@ Ann, my audio had been muted :roll:

@ Herve ~ nice to hear your voice :-)

Riverside Reptiles
02-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Nothing came through on this You Tube video :-(

There's no video, it's audio only. Turn up your volume Elizabeth!!! :roll:

Marty
02-24-2012, 10:19 PM
If you look really hard you can see Harve with a micrphone :) I got your name down packed, no worries. I'm taking over that sofa, hehe

GeckoOutfitters
07-02-2017, 02:53 PM
I looked and could not find anything previously on this subject so if I'm asking the same question twice I'm sorry. But is there a way members can just start new threads? If so how?

Hilde
07-02-2017, 03:01 PM
I looked and could not find anything previously on this subject so if I'm asking the same question twice I'm sorry. But is there a way members can just start new threads? If so how?

Go to the subforum you want to post in, and click on the blue "+Post New Thread" button at the top of the thread list. That will take you to the posting "window".