PDA

View Full Version : AQUARIUMS... "Fish Tankin"

Moosenart
03-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Hello!, i am just looking to see if anyone else in an active "fish tanker". I had a 10 gallon betta tank with a dragon scale halfmoon plakat, but she died 2 months ago. I now have a 10 gallon OEBT (Orange Eyed Blue Tiger) tank. I Wanted to post this because people usually have 1 major [expensive] hobby. I am into geckos and fish and some amphibians...

:biggrin:

Ashmash
03-08-2012, 12:38 AM
I have one 5 gal tank that I'm turning into a planted Betta and shrimp tank. I also am into reptiles and other things. I usually pick one thing to focus on and put all my focus ( and $) into that for a while, then move on to something else after I have the other thing all fixed up and how I want it.

thorrshamri
03-08-2012, 03:46 AM
Moving your thread to the appropriate section ;)

Utnapishtim
03-22-2012, 04:31 PM
I have a 30 gallon reef tank active atm. Setting up an 80 gallon with a 55 gallon sump

thorrshamri
03-22-2012, 11:33 PM
I would dream about keeping Leafy Sea Dragons but I guess it's horribly difficult and expensive?

Utnapishtim
03-22-2012, 11:50 PM
Yes. It's also illegal. They're pretty endangered. You can buy species that have already been in captivity or captive breds, and it's EXTREMELY hard to breed them. I think only a handful of professional aquaria have ever bred them. Also, they are just hyper sensitive to begin with. Even having the pressure wrong will kill them.

That said, normal sea horses are quite keepable, though not exactly a beginner fish.

You might like some species of angler or frogfish:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/images/categories/product/p-76931-wartskin-angler.jpg