PDA

View Full Version : Some pictures of my Gecko Tokay (Gekko Gecko)

MC gecko
05-16-2012, 01:51 PM
There is some pic of my Tokay gecko in my Collection. And i wish having more morph soon, but they are hard to find in Canada.

Enjoy

Mathieu Bigras

billewicz
05-16-2012, 10:50 PM
:biggrin:Hey, it's a good start.:biggrin:

danniel
05-17-2012, 12:25 AM
nice tokay...

Riverside Reptiles
05-17-2012, 12:27 AM
Nice group :)

Keri
05-17-2012, 02:46 AM
Amazing tokays!! Whereabouts in Canada are you?

MC gecko
05-17-2012, 06:56 AM
Amazing tokays!! Whereabouts in Canada are you?

Thanks all,
and I'm from Montreal, Quebec.

And you, where are you from ?

Mathieu Bigras

Kita
05-17-2012, 08:04 AM
The third picture between the Powder Blue and downward facing Blue Granite, do all of that gecko's spots completely blend in when the gecko fires up black? Or can you still clearly see the outline of every spot like I'm betting on downward facing one?

MC gecko
05-17-2012, 08:43 PM
The third picture between the Powder Blue and downward facing Blue Granite, do all of that gecko's spots completely blend in when the gecko fires up black? Or can you still clearly see the outline of every spot like I'm betting on downward facing one?

She become completly black when she's stressed. Why ?

I will try to take a picture when she's fully black.

Mathieu Bigras

Kita
05-18-2012, 01:10 AM
There seems to (currently) be 2 types of blue granites and if I'm right about that particular gecko, then you have the only other one like mine that I have yet to see. I have 3 blue granites, 2 with normal, never changing spots and the third with the 'vanishing' spots. If this is the case, we may need to find a way to swap some offspring in the future. I'm pairing my odd boy with my regular blue granite girl within the next week or two after I finish renovating the room.

billewicz
05-18-2012, 08:31 AM
Hello Kita,

So you mean your Granite fires up completely black on black? And this is not stressed out all the way to black I'm assuming.

I'd love to see good photos of both cool and fired up in this case.

Also, have you bred your Granite x Granite Tokay and thrown visuals? I have several Granite/Melanistic combinations that have produced only normal looking offspring so far.

Thanks,

Michael

Kita
05-18-2012, 11:38 AM
Making a new thread instead of hijacking this one

Keri
05-19-2012, 02:48 AM
Thanks all,
and I'm from Montreal, Quebec.

And you, where are you from ?

Mathieu Bigras

I'm out in BC, you just don't see that many tokay morphs here but more out your way.

billewicz
05-19-2012, 11:31 AM
I'm out in BC, you just don't see that many tokay morphs here but more out your way.

It's my understanding that there are more reptile importers in Montreal. From there, shipping would have to be paid again to get animals to a major hub in BC. Say, Vancouver. Then you would have to travel there to pick up your Tokay.

The shipping expense tends to be double the price of a better Tokay morph.

If there was a simple/cheaper way, we could send you some.

All the best,

Michael's Tokay Hoard @ www.billewicz.com