PDA

View Full Version : Server Move

Marty
01-09-2013, 03:38 PM
We have moved to a new server. May take several hrs before your DNS information updates itself. We were having issues with hard drives and needed to change hardware urgently. AT the same time we scored better and faster hardware so it's all good.

If something isn't working properly, please post in this thread. usually there are tweaks that are needed to get things running smoothly again.

Marty

Aimless
01-09-2013, 03:49 PM
cool! thanks for the continuing effort, Marty!

cassicat4
01-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Would I be correct in assuming that that's the reason why I have sometimes been getting a "Forbidden - You don't have permission to access/ on this server. Additionally, a 403 error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request" message when I try to access this site?

It happened several times yesterday, and a couple today. I eventually do get access (obviously ;) ) but I was wondering what was up, and if the issue was on my end.

Riverside Reptiles
01-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Would I be correct in assuming that that's the reason why I have sometimes been getting a "Forbidden - You don't have permission to access/ on this server. Additionally, a 403 error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request" message when I try to access this site?

It happened several times yesterday, and a couple today. I eventually do get access (obviously ;) ) but I was wondering what was up, and if the issue was on my end.

Yep, that's the reason.

Elizabeth Freer
01-16-2013, 12:35 AM
Checked my User CP. Auto-notification of GU mesages enabled. Yet I have not received any notifications all day.

http://www.geckosunlimited.com/community/forum-feedback-trouble-shooting/67417-no-instant-email-notification-1-15-13-a.html

LSeelt
01-16-2013, 09:56 AM
I haven't been having any issues at all. Good job guys!

Elizabeth Freer
01-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Checked my User CP. Auto-notification of GU mesages enabled. Yet I have not received any notifications all day.

http://www.geckosunlimited.com/community/forum-feedback-trouble-shooting/67417-no-instant-email-notification-1-15-13-a.html

Still no auto-notifications all day 16 Jan.

Riverside Reptiles
01-16-2013, 09:55 PM
Still no auto-notifications all day 16 Jan.

Have you bothered to contact Marty and make him aware of the situation?

Elizabeth Freer
01-16-2013, 09:57 PM
Have you bothered to contact Marty and make him aware of the situation?

I have posted on this thread of his and also on the other thread. This is the thread everyone has been using.

You seem to do better getting feedback from Marty.

Riverside Reptiles
01-16-2013, 10:12 PM
I have posted on this thread of his and also on the other thread. This is the thread everyone has been using.

You seem to do better getting feedback from Marty.

If people aren't getting their email notifications then wouldn't it stand to figure that he might have no idea that you've posted to this thread? :scratchhead:

You are quite aware of his email address and quite capable of contacting him to let him know of a technical issue on the site. It's part of your job as a mod.
But, don't worry about it...It's not like I might have 50 other things going on.
I'll just do it for you :roll:

Elizabeth Freer
01-16-2013, 11:13 PM
As of 8:12 PM PST my auto-notifications are flooding my inbox :).

Riverside Reptiles
01-16-2013, 11:34 PM
As of 8:12 PM PST my auto-notifications are flooding my inbox :).

That's because I took the time to email Marty about the problem. :roll:

Elizabeth Freer
01-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Just got done with some professional tech help. Now I notice that all the avatars are gone from posts.

Anybody else see this?

Riverside Reptiles
01-20-2013, 12:10 PM
For those of you having issues with photos not working on the site (particularly in your avatars), Marty is aware of the issue and working on it. It may take a couple of days to fix.

Marty
01-20-2013, 07:35 PM
Hopefully things have improved somewhat :) Any other issues please let me know. This was a bitch of a server move.

Aimless
01-20-2013, 07:50 PM
thanks!

Elizabeth Freer
02-03-2013, 11:08 PM
Check this thread, post #6. http://www.geckosunlimited.com/community/getting-know-you-introduction/67708-hello-canada.html#post384463

Noticed this on 2 Feb 2013 with two other members having the same trouble. Is there a cure?