PDA

View Full Version : housing

chrismcc5
04-22-2013, 07:57 AM
Hello i just got my self a leo been looking and getting rdy for a number of years i have a water bowl, mealworm bowl, 2 hides, calcium bowl and some drift wood the water and food on colder side and 1 hide on hot. Should when hevstarts to sed put a third hide in or use the cool hide he is only 3 months old gt him 3 days ago humdity in tank flexs from 45-55 in the day and 55-65 at night. Sorry for bad spelling i have dsylixia

chrismcc5
04-22-2013, 10:20 AM
As i am from the uk was not 100% on the ichs of the tank it is a 20 gal and the demisions are 18in sq. Strider loves it out of the hide and climbing the back of the viv i will put up a picture later

Embrace Calamity
04-22-2013, 12:37 PM
So...your question is about the humid hide? A humid hide should be provided 24/7. They use it for hydration as well as shedding. If it's a 20 long, I'd suggest adding another dry hide in the center as well (giving you a total of four hides).

~Maggot

Elizabeth Freer
04-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Hi Chris ~

Welcome to the club where geckophiles hang out.

Please share pictures of your leo and of his habitat.

Best to have a tank which measures 76.2 x 31.75 x 31.75 cm. This will allow you room enough to establish a proper thermal gradient---a warm end and a cool end.

If you check out the Leo Caresheet linked right below in my signature, you will find metric measurements for lengths and for temperatures. Many other details too.

Temperatures for all leos regardless of size:
88-93 F (31-34 C) ground temp at warm end inside the warm dry hide
no greater than 85 F (29.5 C) air temp - 4 inches above ground on the warm end
no greater than 75 F (24.5) air temp - 4 inches above ground on the cool end

Leave the UTH on 24/7. Can turn off overhead heating at night.

Have you purchased some Pro Rep Calci-Dust and Nutrobal for your leo?